Community Forum

Comcast's 'porting' problems

Frequent Visitor

Comcast's 'porting' problems

So, I got my new service installed on the 3rd and I know they asked if I wanted to keep the same number and I know I said that I did back when I ordered.  To my surprise, the installer gave me a new phone number to use and said if I wanted to keep the same one that I would have to call the old provider and get it switched over.  That is not good service, Comcast, and one feels like they are being messed with. So I go ahead and do that and am stuck keeping my old phone and paying for it while they switch it over, it seems scam-ish but it's two, and according to other complaints on this issue, many more companies it is effecting.  HOWEVER, after going to turn in  my old equipment yesterday I spoke tothe person at the counter and they said that they released it and it is Comcast that is having issues 'porting' numbers over lately.  Why, Comcast, why would you do this if the money it costs your customers goes to your competitiors... AND THAT IS PRECISELY WHY I AM SUSPECTING FOUL PLAY.  They're doing it for one of two reasons:

1. By providing for their competitors in their forcing of customers to pay them for a few more days of sevices they make their competitors dependant upon Comcast without the competitors knowing it's Comcast doing it.

2. Comcast wants to be the one jolting the economy and wants it to be their hand forcing all this extra money loose by people keeping their old services longer than they would.

Either way is crooked and since I have never had this issue before and since getting it from a physical source that told me Comcast is the one being slow about it lately, and they relly shouldn't be since they have the better equipment and technology than most everyone else... I really have to suspect borderline criminal activity as the reason, this is not how I want to start up my Comcast contract.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast's 'porting' problems

Or maybe Comcast just expects you to agree and submit to letting them tell you when to change your phone number so after you go through the same steps in changing all your contact numbers elsewhere in your life as you would if your wallet was stolen or lost that you'll just trust them with your wallet from now on and be less likely to leave when they increase your fees again and again while taking the channels away again and again.  You know when people change all their contact numbers - it's when their wallet is stolen or when they move.  Is that the chain of events Comcast is trying to set off in peoples heads by forcing them to have to change all their contact numbers?  Is Comcast conditioning people to lose their wallet to them and move for them??  NOT HAPPENING HERE!  Amazing job Comcast, you lost me as customer within the first three days because as of now, I will not resubscribe when the contract is up.