Xfinity Community Forum

Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts
New to the Community? Start here.

Cannot hear incoming calls.

New Poster

Cannot hear incoming calls.

I need phones in each room of my apartment. I have 2 old RCA handsets - no problems. They work fine. Every blue moon someone will tell me they called and it went straight to voicemail.  Irritating but not the main issue.  None of my original 2 phones have an indicator light to let me know someone has called and/or left a message.  I needed that option, and as well, phones in two other rooms. I'm slightly disabled and it's impossible for me to jump and run to answer a call in another room. I bought a VTech base and additional handset cordless system.  Doing okay using it.  HOWEVER - if I'm in a room where there is an old phone, cannot answer incoming calls.  I can see who is calling on the TV and if I decide I want to talk, when I answer there's nothing there buy dead space. No voices, no dial tones, no nothing.  When I hang up and call the person back - no problem.  Call goes through. VTech support was of no assistance. Has this happened to anyone else?  Is it an Xfinity problem since they provide my phone service?  I don't see this issue in forums.  Any help you can provide appreciated. Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Cannot hear incoming calls.

blouise wrote:

I need phones in each room of my apartment. I have 2 old RCA handsets - no problems. They work fine. Every blue moon someone will tell me they called and it went straight to voicemail.  Irritating but not the main issue.  None of my original 2 phones have an indicator light to let me know someone has called and/or left a message.  I needed that option, and as well, phones in two other rooms. I'm slightly disabled and it's impossible for me to jump and run to answer a call in another room. I bought a VTech base and additional handset cordless system.  Doing okay using it.  HOWEVER - if I'm in a room where there is an old phone, cannot answer incoming calls.  I can see who is calling on the TV and if I decide I want to talk, when I answer there's nothing there buy dead space. No voices, no dial tones, no nothing.  When I hang up and call the person back - no problem.  Call goes through. VTech support was of no assistance. Has this happened to anyone else?  Is it an Xfinity problem since they provide my phone service?  I don't see this issue in forums.  Any help you can provide appreciated. Thanks.

Hello blouise,

Can you reply with the MODEL # of your Vtech system?  Is the wireless signal in the Vtech's satellite locations good enough for use?