How to set # of rings before VM picks-up
1. Go to my.xfinity.com and log in (if you aren't already).
2. Click on the phone receiver icon on the top bar near right side. This will take you to the voicemail page.
3. At the far top right corner there should be a little gear icon. Click on it.
4. Click on the Settings option in the little window that opens under the gear icon.
5. On the left side of the screen click on "Call Forwarding".
6. In the "Advanced Call Forwarding" section change the number of rings to how ever many you want before VM picks up. If there is more than one item in that section (eg. "XFINITY connect mobile app"), make sure you set the number of rings to the same for all of them.
If there's a simpler method for doing this, I don't know about it.
If there isn't, why Comcast can't make this procedure a lot more straighforward is beyond me.