Community Forum

"V" calls in Caller ID

Frequent Visitor

"V" calls in Caller ID

What is the meaning of the many caller ID's with a display similar to:   V125173821032231 ????  Can I block them all at once or do I have to put them in my call blocker individually? Is there any reason I should answer any of them??  THx...steve

Regular Contributor

Re: "V" calls in Caller ID

I get those all the time.  It's difficult to block because they call with a different number each time.

@padthai4me wrote:

What is the meaning of the many caller ID's with a display similar to:   V125173821032231 ????  Can I block them all at once or do I have to put them in my call blocker individually? Is there any reason I should answer any of them??  THx...steve

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Maybe someone makes an external blocker that can block whole Caller ID formats/ranges?

New Poster

I agree, caller ID should be able to be used in blocking calls as well as the number.  For V, you shouls be able to block anything beginning with w letter followed by any number. How many times do you see numbers in names. Second the caller ID itself should also be able to switch to as the primaru use of blocking an individual call. I get all kinds of calls from 800 numbers from "800 service" You block the the call and they change the phone number. If I could block anything with ID of "800 Service" That would end that problem. With the computer equpent available today, they should be able to see where the call is coming from and block all calls from call numbers that are not in use as well but that should be done automatically. Obviously nobody is going to call you from a phone number that has not been assigned to someone womewhere.

Frequent Visitor

Since there are no phone numbers that begin with a letter, calls from such should be blocked en masse, along with "800 Service" and other unsolicited sales calls. It's really annnoying because I'm asleep most of the time when paged.. (

Frequent Visitor

Those are robo calls where the digits after V are tracking numbers so the robo dialer knows which calls are answered.  Comcast recently began changing Caller Name to "Anonymous" for these calls and they are now blocked if you enable Anonymous Caller Rejection.  Caller Names with V-Digits in the display should be reported.

Frequent Visitor

To Who? I don't see any interest in developing such a product, though for sure the technology is there.  Seems like no range blocking is in the works because it is in the interest of the provider to prevent such a tool. Customers or $$ ?