Community Forum

private call

New Poster

private call

I can not recieve any private calls on my home phone only rings once and stops. Phone only says private caller.

Expert

Re: private call

@davs5955 wrote:

I can not recieve any private calls on my home phone only rings once and stops. Phone only says private caller.

You probably have Anonymous Call Rejection turned on:

“Anonymous Call Rejection” automatically rejects calls from numbers with Caller ID blocked. Callers who block the display of their name and number will hear an automated recording that you're not accepting blocked calls. The message instructs them to un-block their Caller ID and dial you again.

To activate Anonymous Call Rejection from your home phone

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  2. Press *77 and listen for a confirmation tone that the feature has been activated.

To deactivate Anonymous Call Rejection from your home phone

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  2. Press *87 and listen for a confirmation tone that the feature has been canceled.

To activate and deactivate Anonymous Call Rejection from the Xfinity Connect Voice website

1. Click on the GEAR icon in the upper-right of the Xfinity Connect Voice screen, then select SETTINGS.
  2. Once you are on the Settings and Preferences page, click on the VOICE button, then select “Call Blocking.”
  3. Check the box next to “Block all anonymous calls” to activate Anonymous Call Rejection. Uncheck the box to disable this feature.

To automatically block robocalls and telemarketers, we recommend using a free service named NoMoRobo. This company has a blacklist of annoying robocallers and can automatically stop them from contacting you. You can sign up for free at https://www.nomorobo.com/signup. When you sign up, please remember that your “landline carrier” is “Comcast Xfinity.” Additional support is available at https://www.xfinity.com/support/phone/nomorobo.

https://connect.xfinity.com/faq/voice.html#faq3

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, davs5955. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with private callers. If what darkangelic sent you still has not resolved the issues, there may be something set up on the account that could be blocking these calls. If you are still having issues, please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, davs5955. We have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.