Community Forum

phone number not showing up on tv

Regular Visitor

phone number not showing up on tv

when i first got my comcast phone number it showed up on the tv's a couple of time then it stopped.  what happened

New Poster

Re: phone number not showing up on tv

Do you mean your phone number, or incoming calls do not show up?

Regular Visitor

yes when we first got out land line the phone call i got were showing up on the tv but now they are not.  have talked to several people who have comcast and they said the same thing   

New Poster

My CID on TV was fixed by comcast 6/27/19. The issue was on their end, It was not activated. It took about 1 1/2 hrs to get it resolved, but worth the wait. The tech had to escalate it to a higher tech support group. I suggest you call tech support for voice, keep saying, agent. It gets frustrating with the voice prompts, but keep at it and you will get a agent. Hope this helps, good luck!

Official Employee

Hey @dotnclan111

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I think it's pretty convenient to see the caller ID on the TV as well. I'd be more than happy to help get this resolved so you can see who's calling while watching TV. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

i clicked on your name and it took me to a whole list of problems by other people   it did not take me to what you said

Official Employee

dotnclan111, To send a private message, click her name (ComcastChe) to view her profile. Then click "Send a message" and compose the private message. Please let us know if you have further questions. We're here to help.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

no it was not aswered

Official Employee

I can help troubleshoot your Caller ID on TV issue, dotnclan111. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

Regular Visitor

when i click on your name it takes me to the forum  there is nowhere to send a message

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi dotnclan111. I had our Forums Administrators verify your ability to send Private Messages is enabled and active. Please try this method:

To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to
  5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject
  6. Type the reply in the Message Body
  7. Click Send Message.
  8. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

Regular Visitor

i signed in and it does not show anywhere "new message"

Official Employee

Hi dotnclan111.I went ahead and sent you a direct Private Message. Please follow the instructions in the following link to view and reply my private message: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/How-to-reply-to-a-private-message/m-p/3225403#M637 

Thank you. Smiley Happy 

New Poster

caller

Official Employee

Hello, MONAROCKS1897! My apologies for the delayed reply. Are you having issues with the caller ID?