Community Forum

phantom calls

New Poster

phantom calls

Every Friday at 9:04 pm a 9 sec call is placed from my landline to 855-268-**** and it is not me who is doing it..  The number appears to be toll-free but non-identifiable. What's going on?

Regular Visitor

Re: phantom calls

My call log shows calls placed on my land line to 200 100-0001. These calls apparently have been placed since 11/13/18. I am not making these calls and when I try to call the number back I get the message that my plan does not cover calls to this number! Research on Internet says 200 is not a valid area code.  Does anyone know what might be going on or has anyone experienced the same or similar problem?

New Poster

Hi, I have noticed incoming calls registered on our caller ID home screen, however, the phone line itself would be dead space. Meaning..no one was ever on the line, our phone never rings!! But we see all the random calls coming in across the tv screen; all day and night. Then it's random area codes or places and names we never heard of. Well, My point is. I believe our accounts are compromised from within. Reason being, for the first few months of sign up, everything was good. "Picture perfect" fast forward after being told bill has doubled for some reason unknown, yes my kid's love the internet but who's don't?
What my concern is, whose random people logged in on the wifi? When Trinity says they have security protection. Also, why are we watching callings registering to our residence but the phone doesn't ring one time!!
I feel as though we are paying for someone else's enjoyment. I also believe, that if Xfinity really cares about there customers and delivering class A service to all, they'll reach out and fix these very serious issues their customers have; instead of billing them for services unknown.
Official Employee

Hi all. I can definitely help you guys out with these call logs issues. Do any of you use our Xfinity Connect app at all? If not, we usually like you have you compare the call logs shown after logging into our website here: https://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust and going to the Voice section to the logs shown on your caller ID equipment to see if they are consistent. Depending on that result, we'd address it accordingly from there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi Morgan at Comcast. What if you use Xfinity connect? I check the call log on my Connect app. Every week,in fact almost daily, there is a call showing up as if I placed it to 200 100-0001. The calls last from a few seconds to up top 7 minutes. This has been going on since Nov. 2018. What do you suggest I do.

Official Employee

Hi Morgan at Comcast. What if you use Xfinity connect? I check the call log on my Connect app. Every week,in fact almost daily, there is a call showing up as if I placed it to 200 100-0001. The calls last from a few seconds to up top 7 minutes. This has been going on since Nov. 2018. What do you suggest I do.

BJ70, I'd like to investigate this further. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

KenF

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thanks KenF. How do I send you a private message with my full name?

Official Employee

Click on my name and then click, "send me a private message". 

Official Employee

Thanks. I'm reaching out to the Connect App team about these calls. Can you provide me with your phone number in case they want to reach out? 

KenF

Official Employee

No problem. I reached back out to them to contact you. I'll check back in with you soon. 

KenF

Official Employee

BJ70, glad tech ops was able to educate us both! Apparently those ghost calls are pointers via nomorobo--they are pointers sending robo calls to dead air! Awesome. 

Post again if you need anything! 

KenF