Community Forum

how to delete calls and voice mail

Contributor

Re: how to delete calls and voice mail

they dont all delete after 30 days as they tell you they do. im sick of it also, even the missed ones are there .  everyone needs to bombard them with calls . . ive been doing it .

Regular Visitor

the same thing here, there is no way I have not tried, think I am going to go to Verizon

Regular Visitor

I cannot delete any calls from my voice mail by using my computer. Not sure why is this so hard to do in comcast.  also, I want to have tthe option to do it any time I wish.  Please help me.  Thanks, susana

New Poster

I have no response trying to click on each missed, answered, dialed calls.  Comcast won't respond because the script is to long?  I am trying to delete everything and can't click on nothing.  The calls won't come up on my Ipad either.  I click on voice and my e-mails keep coming up. I WANT to delete the history of all calls.  What is the problem?

Regular Visitor

Me too. Have not found a simple way to delete my voice mail and now the folder is full.

New Poster

I only wish to be part of the cause cause I'm going thru the same thing.  I left att for comcast because of the awesome speed on the internet.  But I guess all servers have their imperfections.

New Poster

I deleted my voicemail, there are no new messages, yet my phone continues to blink and says I have a new voicemail. Why does thif happen?
New Poster

where is the delete button

New Poster

I was having the same issue with the flashing voicemail light, and since I have an X1 box I was able to delete the message through the menu on the box and it is gone now

New Poster

I have a land line and can't delete the comcast answering machine I want to be able to delete this and have my answering machine pick up my calls.  Please help?  Thank you

Expert

@muskratjz1 wrote:

I have a land line and can't delete the comcast answering machine I want to be able to delete this and have my answering machine pick up my calls.  Please help?  Thank you

You can do the following quick-fix...

Access your settings in the Voice Preferences area, set the VM to answer really high

Set your ANswering Machine to answer LESS thsan the number of rings you set in the Preferences area...

Your machine will answer and record the call and it will NEVER get to the Comcast VM system....

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'M ready to cancel xfinity all together....... terible service

Contributor

for some reason they used to have a delete button then changed it, ive talked to so many people at comcast. but the said thats the way its set up. im sick of it, in this day and age where hackers are always looking, . we may also change , they are like some kids they just dont listen
Contributor

there is no delete button they are saying the calls go away after 30 days but i find thats not the case
New Poster

Comcast --you need to get a delete button for voice ail.  Why can't you?

New Poster

I just want to get rid of the phone calls in xfinity voice.  I don't use this phone and I don't want the calls in the list.  Why is there no delete button?  It can't be that difficult to add one.  AT&T does it.

New Poster

If law enforcement wants to check my calls, I'm fine with that but they can get access to even deleted calls.  They are still on some sort of back up plan on xfinity's servers.  I just don't want to see the calls listed.

Regular Visitor

Good!  I thought it was just me when I was going in to my Xfinity voice to check calls, etc. that could see no way to delete or put missed called, etc. in to the trash - crazy - I would think that's a pretty elementary function on something like this. Programmers really missed the boat on this one. Delete seems only to be an option with answered calls, not missed calls/voicemail

I've also noticed that I'm getting more and more trash/spam phone calls even though I'm on the "do not call" system - I wish there was an option somewhere in the Xfinity voice to check a number (spam/info callers) and block them directly from there.  Although I can't get my head around how they could do that, I'm technology challenged about this stuff.

Expert

@camberwell wrote:

Good!  I thought it was just me when I was going in to my Xfinity voice to check calls, etc. that could see no way to delete or put missed called, etc. in to the trash - crazy - I would think that's a pretty elementary function on something like this. Programmers really missed the boat on this one. Delete seems only to be an option with answered calls, not missed calls/voicemail

I've also noticed that I'm getting more and more trash/spam phone calls even though I'm on the "do not call" system - I wish there was an option somewhere in the Xfinity voice to check a number (spam/info callers) and block them directly from there.  Although I can't get my head around how they could do that, I'm technology challenged about this stuff.

WHile looking at your call logs (answered/missed) online, there is a check box you can select and then click on the SCREEN box above... this will then transfer that number to the BLOCKED CALLS listing...

If you are seeing more than the 12 or 25 limit of Blocled Calls available for your market, you might want to look into using the NOMOROBO app.....

-=Ray=-

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I agree with JORDYN007.  I cannot delete voice messages as there is no delete button.  GET THIS FIXED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE.

Contributor

does no good comcasy dosent listen.  dont pay your bill and there there im sure,  if  i can find another  internet im going with it, i will be sure to ask if they have a delete button lol, this is crazy .

New Poster

how do I delete old voice mail calls. I have 59 of them

Expert

@jeandan wrote:

how do I delete old voice mail calls. I have 59 of them

To quickly delete your old voicemails, login into your acount online, goto VOICE and you can then delete the Voicemails from that listing.... also make sure you delete your TRASH afterwards...  it has never been asked, but your trash may also contribute to your voicmail storage limit...

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

New Poster

I want to delete the voicemail indicator on my phone.  I don't even have voicemail!  I told them to turn it off, but it still says there is a voicemail.  Don't even know how to check it.  Worse, I want to delete the "missed calls" notification on my homepage.  and the stupid missed calls.  Can't do it.  I want to add my support to this as something they need to fix.  Thanks for letting me know I'm not missing anything, there really isn't a way to do it!  Stupid.

New Poster

I too dislike the fact that i cannot delete all messages.

Really disappointed with comcast generally.

Regular Visitor

I also cannot delete all messages.  I am also receiving calls that were put into my screening list over and over.  I have been placing calls to Comcast's Customer service every 2 weeks since June 19, 2015 and I still get disconnected in the middle of the phone calls, I lose my dial tone, I cannot watch TV when I wish you although I have been paying for Comcast Triple Play with a lot of sacrifices since 2011.  I did get lucky once in one call two weeks ago and I received a Senior Technician at my home, who spent two hours trying to located the Comcast's main line that is supposed to be placed 10 ft. away from your home.  My line was cut (by an unknown reason or someone) and it is located 60 ft. away from my home.  I was told that it would be fixed inmediately but it has been 4 days since that happen and nothing has occurred.  In the meantime, I keep receiving calls from anonymous parties and get calls disconnected, and losing dial tone in the phone, tv and very bad internet connection.  Really dissapointed with this service.

Expert

@slacayo29 wrote:

I also cannot delete all messages.  I am also receiving calls that were put into my screening list over and over.  I have been placing calls to Comcast's Customer service every 2 weeks since June 19, 2015 and I still get disconnected in the middle of the phone calls, I lose my dial tone, I cannot watch TV when I wish you although I have been paying for Comcast Triple Play with a lot of sacrifices since 2011.  I did get lucky once in one call two weeks ago and I received a Senior Technician at my home, who spent two hours trying to located the Comcast's main line that is supposed to be placed 10 ft. away from your home.  My line was cut (by an unknown reason or someone) and it is located 60 ft. away from my home.  I was told that it would be fixed inmediately but it has been 4 days since that happen and nothing has occurred.  In the meantime, I keep receiving calls from anonymous parties and get calls disconnected, and losing dial tone in the phone, tv and very bad internet connection.  Really dissapointed with this service.

Send an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.

Frequent Visitor

I want to delete phone numbers from my "call log" in my "voice" folder and cannot find a way to do it.

Expert

@3272 wrote:

I want to delete phone numbers from my "call log" in my "voice" folder and cannot find a way to do it.

Comcast does not offer the end-user the ability to edit/delete the call logs.  You can only delete your Voicemails and the Trash.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Contributor

Went to my account don't see voice. In this day and age may I ask why you just don't put a delete button and stop all this nonsense??? Listen to your customers 

Contributor

because when they redid  the page they didnt put a delete button on it,  really bright thing to do

New Poster

We need a delete button Come on now comcast be fair to your customers!!!Smiley Sad

Contributor

comcast dosent care i guess ive been at them for a long time.  they re did this page an decided we didnt need a button to delete they said it would go away after three months. who wants calls this long, , wish more people would keep bugging them to do this ,

New Poster

my original issue has been solved, thank you for all of your replies.  

New Poster

Re: How to delete a voicemail call while listening to it

Many times I don't want to listen to a whole VM. I just want to delete it while listening to it. It seems that I have to listen to the whole message before I get the prompt to press 7 to delete.  Verizon provides this option.

Expert

@dafraf wrote:

Many times I don't want to listen to a whole VM. I just want to delete it while listening to it. It seems that I have to listen to the whole message before I get the prompt to press 7 to delete.  Verizon provides this option.

You can instantly delete a VM while listening by pressing 77....   Smiley Happy

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

New Poster

Thank you