Community Forum

home phone, no line

New Poster

home phone, no line

Recently moved and have xfinity triple play.  When it was setup by the tech all the phones work fine.  I have several cordless phones that work fine.   I needed and additional phone that I purchased, a VTECH that has two phones, a base unit with phone connection and one that is strictly cordless.  When I charged them up, they continue to show 'no line' no matter if they are plugged in to the phone outlet or not.  Do I have to do something with the modem and what is the fix?   

Official Employee

Re: home phone, no line

You’ll need a tech out to back feed the phone jacks from the modem. Is your present phone plugged directly into the modem?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

yes, I have one phone plugged into the modem, then an additional 3 corldless phones around the house that are not plugged in.  When I bought a new vtech phone, I thought it would automatically connect but it does not.  The new cordless phone shows ' no line'

Official Employee

Right, it will do that because your home’s phone jacks aren’t active. That’s why you need a tech out.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!