Community Forum

deleting text messages

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

deleting text messages

Any way I can delete all text messages at once. Someone used my number on Craigslist and I have several hundred texts to delete. One by one would take forever.

Official Employee

Re: deleting text messages

Hi JeanQ, each phone is different when it comes to managing your messages. Can you please tell me what make and model of phone you have, and I can check and see if there is a mass delete feature. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem on my home phone. I have been deleting hundreds of text replies to texts that I supposedly sent from my landline. My first estimate was that I had over one hundred, them five hundred, then one thousand.  I have given up trying to guess how many people were contacted “from my landline.”

New Poster

Re: deleting text messages prior to Jan 2018

How can I delete email messages prior to Jan. 2018?

New Poster

Re: deleting text messages prior to Jan 2018

Gents/madams -I have several thousand texts which I'd like to delete dated prior to January 2019.

Is there a way I can do this in one pass? 

Regular Visitor

Your reply is just another question not an answer. I haven’t even tried to delete on my phone with it’s limited keyboard. I am using my computer to pick away at this problem. 

My suggestion is that Comcast make an effort to solve this problem. The tech that I spoke to said that Comcast techs did not have the ability to delete these messages, not even with the CUSTOMER giving permission. 

WAKE UP!