Community Forum

delete missed calls etc.

Contributor

Re: delete missed calls etc.

Comast dose not care. Fixing the problem will not make them more money. Judging by their prolonged inaction, they will probably never fix it.

Contributor

Perhaps soon, we will have another cable giant vying for their business, that may get the problem fixed sooner rather than not.  Joke may be on them.

Contributor

Google Fiber ultrafast Internet is coming to several cities in the US. Yay!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

That is why I have an ATT wireless system and just have the comcast line for the reduced fee credit.

It does no good to have a phone tied to the modem and when the system goes down you lose the phone line.  

I will discuss with ATT to see if they can improve the system and move away from comcast.

New Poster

I too have spent days trying to delete missed calls..am ready to get rid of phone service from comcast

New Poster

I also cannot delete missed calls. We should do what Comcast does CHARGE A FEE FOR EACH MISSED CALL.  Charge $5.00 per call and take the total off of your monthly statement

New Poster

Ditto
New Poster

Perhaps they will correct it by the next century. Who really NEEDS Comcast???

New Poster

I have tried over and over to delete my answered, missed, and etc.  i can not use my phone as of yesterday i have no phone service.. i will have to get back to centry link so we can use our phone this is very un aceptable. my husband is is facing surgery shortly and our daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer Sept. 2nd. 2014/ if i don't get help i will cancel everything.. if i call from my cell phone it uses all my minutes as you're put on hold or connected to someone that doesn't speak English.

Contributor

@mgmorans

Sorry to hear of your plight.  As I'm not a huge fan of Comcast missed, answered or delete calls kept on Comcast records, I can empathize with your problem.  And as far as having no phone service at All and then having to use your cell phone minutes trying to make contact and get some human interaction, can be frustrating as well.

My suggestion is go your homepage, at the top of your homepage @   http://xfinity.comcast.net/ and if you're not signed in they will ask you to sign in using your email address and password.  Once signed in and click  on the support page at the top, then scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says Contact Us, click on that.  It will say Chat with an Agent in which you can ask and type your problem to a customer service agent (This could take some time), but if you don't want to waste your cell minutes this may be an only option unless you have friend or family phone you can access.

Hope this helps some, and good luck in all your situations.

New Poster

It's very simple. Search "parallel construction,  illegal search and seizure " on the surveilance enginie of your choice.

Welcome to the surveilance division of the Stazi police state.

New Poster

It really is a mute point because I just have the Comcast line to lessen my fees in my account.

My ATT wireless phone works and will be going elsewhere in about a year

Thanks for your input

New Poster

Get a pay as you go cell phone with 2.00 dollars per day, 25 a quarter.  You can call all you want on the 2.00 dollar charge in a given day.  No minutes to worry about.

New Poster

it is over 2 years and still no fix to this issue.   what a joke as usual with comcast customer service.

they he tells me check out the website for better help and directions.   Ha there are no helps or directions.  I am not asking to delete my details from the system just from the screen.

Regular Visitor

Unfortunately, this is not available???I tried everything.....don't waist your time calling or getting on chat, you get someone from offshore and the only thing they can do for you is  call in a trouble shooting report  which non one gets back with you.

I am have spent more time trying to get assistance then shoule any customer of a big company who charges so much for their services should.  If there was another company available for me to obtain service from, I would.  Once you finally get ahold of a tech and they come out for an appt. they really try and most of the time provide you with the service necessary.  Too bad they are not the ones you can talk to via telephone for customer service assistance.   Sorry comcast, I have been a customer for many many years and your customer services is less than acceptable.  Your tecnitions at least try hard to resolve your isses. 

Contributor

You know I could run a train engine for all the steam coming out of head over this issue!  Anyone, I mean anyone who pays upwards $200. per month for ANY service should be able to have their needs met.

Yet, I still get flashes on my phone saying I have voicemail, for which I have deleted from my account.  Have now figured out how stop that annoyance when it happens at least once a week.  Other than throwing my phone against a wall.  It still bothers me I have to do anything at all, since I don't call Xfinity for any kind of call information.

Although I still can not, repeat CAN NOT understand how Xfinity outrightly refuses to quit shining the numbers of who you called and who has called you and for how long you have talked, the time, minutes and day right smack in your face.  Fine, if they have to be able to trace your calls if you turn out to be some bad person who needs to be caught. What ever.   I just SIMPLY put don't want it displayed in my face all the time.  Sure, they even have check mark boxes, like you can actually delete something but not a trash can?  Makes my blood boil thinking about it.

But with a blog like this, for the past 2 years or more, (also I think the issues began when Xfinity took over), that they would pay any attention to these reports?  Hah

Expert

@wishfulhelp wrote:

You know I could run a train engine for all the steam coming out of head over this issue!  Anyone, I mean anyone who pays upwards $200. per month for ANY service should be able to have their needs met.

Yet, I still get flashes on my phone saying I have voicemail, for which I have deleted from my account.  Have now figured out how stop that annoyance when it happens at least once a week.  Other than throwing my phone against a wall.  It still bothers me I have to do anything at all, since I don't call Xfinity for any kind of call information.

Although I still can not, repeat CAN NOT understand how Xfinity outrightly refuses to quit shining the numbers of who you called and who has called you and for how long you have talked, the time, minutes and day right smack in your face.  Fine, if they have to be able to trace your calls if you turn out to be some bad person who needs to be caught. What ever.   I just SIMPLY put don't want it displayed in my face all the time.  Sure, they even have check mark boxes, like you can actually delete something but not a trash can?  Makes my blood boil thinking about it.

But with a blog like this, for the past 2 years or more, (also I think the issues began when Xfinity took over), that they would pay any attention to these reports?  Hah

When new firmware/software is sent to your Gateway, they sometimes do strange things.... such as the annoying you have voicemail when in effect you do not.....

To remedy this, use your cell phone ( or any other phone ) and call your number.... leave yourself a message....

From your home phone, *99...listen to and then 77 your voicemail.

This will clear the phantom voice mail indicator....

-=Ray=-

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks Problem solver, but I think you missed the sentence where it says I don't have a voicemail account from xfinity.  Therfore, or in other words I deleted that nasty problem, so I can't leave a voicemail from a cell and hit *99 and then 77.  But, from my cordless phone itself I have remedied how to stop the flashing, I just can't the flashing to stop, I am supposing it's from your updating requirements.

Now, if you can get a executive senior problem solver to stop throwing up the numbers, times, and dates of people who call me and who I have called, in my email voice tab, I would be more than grateful.  I would send you a most glowing reccomendation to the highest level of Xfinity possible.  Please work on that and get back to me.  Thank you

Expert

@wishfulhelp wrote:

Thanks Problem solver, but I think you missed the sentence where it says I don't have a voicemail account from xfinity.  Therfore, or in other words I deleted that nasty problem, so I can't leave a voicemail from a cell and hit *99 and then 77.  But, from my cordless phone itself I have remedied how to stop the flashing, I just can't the flashing to stop, I am supposing it's from your updating requirements.

Now, if you can get a executive senior problem solver to stop throwing up the numbers, times, and dates of people who call me and who I have called, in my email voice tab, I would be more than grateful.  I would send you a most glowing reccomendation to the highest level of Xfinity possible.  Please work on that and get back to me.  Thank you

SOrry for the misinterpretation....   you didn't state your model of phone...

In some Uniden and Panasonic models, there is a place in the settings to TURN OFF the message notifications..

This would turn off the message flashing light.....

I do not see this as a Comcast problem....

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Ray, and as I had stated I had found a way to fix the flashing indicator light.

My biggest disappointment is the second paragraph of my story.  And I'm guessing by your Good Luck sign off, you have no control over my largest headache.

Perhaps someday....

Expert

@wishfulhelp wrote:

Thanks for the reply Ray, and as I had stated I had found a way to fix the flashing indicator light.

My biggest disappointment is the second paragraph of my story.  And I'm guessing by your Good Luck sign off, you have no control over my largest headache.

Perhaps someday....

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Your welcome...

But, you could do the following and get some COmcast notifications started:

Send a email to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and explain your situation including your acct #, contact info including a good working phone number. Someone from this special Corp team will get your issues fixed.

Again, Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Regular Visitor

Sorry I´mexperienced in these forums but I was just trying to find out how to empty my xfinity voice mail and all I get is people with similar problems... 

Contributor

I'm sorry, I can't help you with this problem because I use an old fashioned phone messaging recorder, but I do know if you use one of these recording devices for your phone calls,  they will take off all your phone messages from your email account if you call them about it.  But, they will not let you delete, missed, answered or called phone numbers from your email account, just the actual phone message that was left on your email account, voicemail or whichever.

I think you may have to call Comcast on this one.  Or, maybe a senior watchdog out there can help.  Good Luck!

Contributor

Sorry, I guess I meant to say Xfinity... Smiley Wink

Regular Visitor

Well Bajan12, I'm afraid that is not  entirely true. The little "trash can" you see didn't delete ALL the calls in the voice messages for me. I doubt it did for others either, or we wouldn't have so many writing in that can't delete.

By the way, I have had Comcast Cable for about 8 months now and knew nothing about this "Voice messaging" on my computer. That was until today, when I  noticed the icon on my toolbar for the first time.  What I don't understand is when I opened the voice messages, they dated back 2 YEARS! How can this be when I've only been subscribed to Comcast for 8 Months? Something's not right! So, dummy me....I spent about 2 hours searching all of Comcast looking for how to delete these messages. Then I finally came across this forum. I thank you all.

These messages on this forum go back 2 years! Why hasn't Comcast fixed the problem yet? Do they even care? I'm beginning to think NOT, as long as they get their money!

New Poster

I have no answer on how to delete voicemail folder contains in question but I can share with you a way that may help keep the angst at bay.. Under voice preferences, set number of prompts to extended. That way your phone voice mail should answer before it goes to Comcast.

New Poster

"folder contains" should have been "folder centents."

This method will only work if home phone has onboard voice mail. Setting the ring limit lower that xfinity extended(9?) will capture all missed, unanswered, etc. to your home phone.

I have Panasonic base and handsets that I have set at 5 rings. On power interruption, I will sometimes need to log to comcast voice to reset (even though I have a battery.)

Regular Visitor

okay, it is now almost another year on and guess what? Still no way to delete missed calls! what happens when the mailbox fills up? Worthless! never had this problem with Ma Bell. am considering going back to my reliable land line.

Expert

@marylund wrote:

okay, it is now almost another year on and guess what? Still no way to delete missed calls! what happens when the mailbox fills up? Worthless! never had this problem with Ma Bell. am considering going back to my reliable land line.

You cannot delete calls from the Call Logs....Comcast does not allow it/nor give you the tool to do it..

The Logs auto-delete based upon the setting for your market..... mine is 90 days or whenever it reached the log limit, whichever comes first....

-=Ray=-

Contributor

Yes, Ray is right!  For this area you have to stare at your call logs (all of them) by the way, placed misses and answered for 90 days.  I have yet to figure out why they have to be logged in the first place, and for anyone who wishes them not to be posted who has to accept this fate.

New Poster

Why in the world does Comcast want to hold on to missed calls if the customer

wants to delete the missed calls ??

What interest would Comcast have in missed calls, odd that we the customer dont have the ability

to remove or delete our calls ??

I to just tried to delete my missed calls. I have calls almost 2 years old !!  

Add me to the list of unsatified customer !

New Poster

here it is sept 2015 and still can't delete the junk..??

Expert

@dh9 wrote:

here it is sept 2015 and still can't delete the junk..??

I have not heard of any plans by Comcast to change anything related to the Call Logs....

New Poster

Why can't I delete missed calls on my comcast line.  This is ridiculous!

@vhk425 wrote:

I spent 45 minutes on the phone yesterday with the Comcast 'tech' who ASSURED me the remove 'button should be on tne page.  We both gave up.  Poor thing - She may still be looking for the delete

Frequent Visitor

Here is a proposal to Comcast/Xfinity regarding not being able to delete missed calls.  Without violating FCC regulations about call logs, they should be able to control what is displayed on my phone regarding this issue.  Allow us to tag calls listed online as "missed calls" with the idea we now know what we missed and we don't want to be notified any longer about those calls.  Then display on the phone "NEW missed calls"; those being ones that we have NOT tagged.  This way the FCC and the user still have the ability to look online at the full list of missed calls, but the user doesn't have to see the currently meaningless notification on their phone of "missed calls".  

This seems like a fairly easy programming change, especially since the ability already exists to select individual calls from the list.  Provide a button to tag those calls selected on the list as "I don't want to be notified any longer about this call".

Contributor

and....you won't.

Contributor

That was a reply @geek46

Expert

@wishfulhelp wrote:

@that was a reply @geek46

Oh I got your meaning.....  <G>

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

New Poster

Re: why can't I delete missed calls, answered calls and place calls in Xfinity voice

Must be some agreement between NSA, SS, CIA and Xfinity. They want to make sure your missed calls are logged in their terrorist reporting database.  It's so important to track calls you don't answer.   After using this useless voice function, I just unplugged my phone so it doesn't ring.  Glad I kept a land line and cellphone with another company.  As for the lack of deletion function, blame it on the developers who might be employed by a government agency of your choice. 

New Poster

Re: Why can't I delete missed calls, answered calls, and placed calls in Xfinity voice

Comcast wants to make sure we keep the list of robo calls that weren't answered.  It would be much more productive if they would close down the spam, telemarketing, and robo calls.  

If they are keeping tabs of my calls, someone needs to get a life.    

This undeletable call issue has been going on since before we cable switched companies for 2 years and came back.      

New Poster

How many unsatisfied customers does it take for Comcast to take action?  I'm a neat person and I want to delete these missed calls now. They are of no service to me.

Frequent Visitor

Id like to being able to delete them online...I dont even want to venture into trying anything with an actual hand held device. New and improved. I think not. If there was a raspberry award for worst customer service Comcast would have a dynasty going!

Frequent Visitor

Re: why can't I delete missed calls, answered call

Makes me wonder if they are cyber snooping to get contact information for telemarketing and gawd knows what else. Makes no sense for any other reason and BTW did they give you a reason? When I asked the rep told me he didnt know! Well who does?As my screen name says.....

Frequent Visitor

I dont even have a trash icon or remove button! Just more proof they rolled this program out quickly so what? They can charge us even more for this "upgrade"? Greedy greedy greedy

Frequent Visitor

I saw a SOLVED post for this because someone posted that you cant delete you missed calls etc yourself, as posted, its usually 90 days and they have to do this for billing. HA! This does not solve the issue nor does it adequtely explain why.

I have seen nothing explaining why retaining that information is necessary to billing. After all, before there was cyber billing, they didnt ask us to retain our paper bills because they were part of billing. Not to mention the big promise of privacy and security but private customer arent allowed to secure their own information by deleting?

Id like to know what Comcast is really doing with that information.

Does Comcasr really think anyone with a tad of computer knowledge doesnt know that Comcast is competely capable of retaining that information elsewhere for themselves? The company certainly seems very capable of telling you exactly what you owe them for...  This has made me go into reconsider mode to decide to get rid of voice ervice with Comcast. A landline is rather passe anyway, and I can certainly do without   these ridiculous annoyances all the time. What kind of "progress" is this supposed to be?

New Poster

help I want to delete my answer calls where did the delete button go

Frequent Visitor

I have multiple medical issues also. What I have discovered is...Comcast doesnt care. You can tell them about your most horrible situation showing you need your phone-they dont care. They will shut it off. Do we get reimbursed when our service is down because of weather, accidents etc? No but they wont miss the date for your shutoff. What do they care about? The bottom line. The almighty dollar. Its corporate greed and sadly they have a monopoly in certain states and areas. Wheres government now? They should be swooping down on them as fast as they did when they broke up Ma Bell. My best move is keep only the barest service from them:internet. No cable no phone. If I decide I want a landline there are other options. As one other member posted:

"Who NEEDS Comcast?"  Good luck.

Frequent Visitor

Thats pathetic. I pay too much for this service to feel bad for them.

Contributor

I don't think it's your average Joe technician or employee working for Xfinity/Comcast you can blame for the ills of bad service and price gouging, but I do think there are some unsavory characters at the top. They just keep reinventing ways and keep adjusting your bill upwards ALL the time.  What charlatans! Yet, they can't even afford to keep a working force in the U.S.  I don't know for what reason they have to keep records of your phone identities for 90 days, other than perhaps FCC, it mystifies me.

But like you, I as well as many people are now only using cell phones for their only communication.  But, I still like the old landline and may go back to ATT for that.  They have been for years eating up every industry they possibly can with the latest victim Netflix.  Not all of it yet, but part.  It's really kind of sad you have to pay for all the channels you don't watch only to just get a few that you do.  Beside paying so much for their rental equipment when they won't even let you buy it?  I've paid for it a 1000 times over.  <SAD>

New Poster

I don't know if it's the phone I'm using, or what, but I find that if I run through all the Entries in CID, and delete duplicates that I really don't need every one (mom, friend Judy, etc) that usually gets rid of the missed call notification. Don't know if it's just the fact of going through them or the deleting dupes that does it.