Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

delete missed calls etc.

New Poster

delete missed calls etc.

I spent 45 minutes on the phone yesterday with the Comcast 'tech' who ASSURED me the remove 'button should be on tne page.  We both gave up.  Poor thing - She may still be looking for the delete

New Poster

Re: delete missed calls etc.

I also can not delete missed calls from this latest improved system program !!!

Sure would be nice to have a remove or delete button somewhere.

Need to get your programmer on this problem ASAP !

Bill

New Poster

OMG what a joke not being able to remove or delete this missed calls!! I am sick of looking at the "missed call" thing on my handset..It will not go away...

Any thoughts are resolution for this?

Regular Visitor

I hope you got your running shoes on,cause your gonna get the runaround!

Regular Visitor

It is really ridiculus for not being able to delete voicemail , missed calls and called calls, my last few dealings with comcast have been very disapointing, after about 20 years with them I think it has got worse in customer relations and seriously thinking about getting rid of all comcast that I have.j444

New Poster

This whole thing sucks, it should be really, really easy to get on and delete and check messages. Make it easy like before, you had the choices of E-mail, Voice mail and everything should be a lot more user freindly.

New Poster

Thanks.       I guess I will just wait a while.

New Poster

I just want to add my name to this list of people mad at the fact we can't delete missed calls from the phone itself. I took years to get my wife to switch the phones over to Comcast now she is very upset because of the way this missed calls thing works. Please just get rid of it. We don't need to know if we missed a call.

New Poster

Hard to believe that this hasn't been corrected yet with a remove/delete option. Complaints on this issue date back to June of 2012. Not being able to delete my answered/received messages annoys me to the point that I don't even bother to use my voicemail anymore, I just use the message function on my actual hardware phone now. I must have well over 1000 messages that I can't delete. Why is it so difficult for Comcast to correct this?

New Poster

I tried that function just recently.

I find it TOTALLY RIDICULOUS that there isn't a simple step to delete missed, recent....

to keep your phone system refreshed.

New Poster

why can't I delete missed calls, answered calls and place calls in Xfinity voice ?

Comcast - has not allowed for their customers to be able to: DELETE missed calls, answered calls or place calls in their xfinity voice account. With all of this high-technology in the world you would think that Comcast would come up with a DELETE button, so that their customers would be able to DELETE their calls. 

I was told by a customer service rep and their supervisor that I can't delete my calls log, that the calls must stay on my account voice page for up to 1 year - oh how frustrating this is.

New Poster

Re: why can't I delete missed calls, answered calls and place calls in Xfinity voice

Thanks to the previous post regarding Comcast not allowing their customers, the ones that pay for all the services, the ones that pay for cable but yet are FORCED to watch commercial after commercial after commercial, that we, the customers are not able to delete anything from their call list.  Because I was wondering were the "delete" option was also...Oh, what is the little "trash" can symbol used for? Ha!

New Poster

It must be nice to be able to give your customers the song and dance routine and still stay in business. I think it's time that comcast is informed that they work for us ---- the customer---- the one's that pays for their service. 

New Poster

If I can delete e-mail's and trash them, how come I can not do the same with my call list; ie place, missed and answered?

Not applicable

I like many others who replied am also frustrated by trying to delete all the messages in the online Voice Mail.  Two techs tried to help, researched their training info and where obviously stuck.  I thought maybe there were new to the business but they were similarly frustrated.  They transferred me to Signature Support who couldn't help me either even though I agreed to a short term technical support contract.  I said I felt there was something wrong in the basics of the program.  If you have the check boxes and the word trash on the left, then you should able click the top box, click trash and the messages go with that process.  Didn't happen.  The tech I had said wait a minute and went to the customer support link and registered surprise to see that everyone below had the same issue.  I ask the an e-mail be sent to the programmer for Comcast to make this thing work.  This is a minor issue causing a lot of flack and needs to be fixed.  I requested that my contract be cancelled as they were not able to correct the problem and will be checking on my next bill to make sure the charges are not there.

New Poster

Well with all that is going on today with ( Quote ) ceretain people wanting to know who were calling and where were calling, could this be a Gov't requirement and Comcast is not telling us? Hmmm? gives us food for thought eh? why a list should be kept for a year? Hmmm.  

Regular Visitor

Yes there should be a delete button to get rid of all the trash phone calls

New Poster

Big huge joke! The whole missed,answered and placed should never show in the first place.. Beware of doing the survey, I got I call back from the agent that I had gave low scores and 2 hours later she call my land phone and ask me Why did I give her a low score.. I was just furious that she called my home # and advised her this is to illegal.. Called the next morning and spoke with a Supervisor and they are supposed to investigate it..By the way I have caller ID and gave the number to this supervisor which I know was her or a co-workers cell phone number in Florida..Still have not heard back from anyone there concerning this Huge Gross of privacy..

Contributor

I also cannot remove voice mail calls from my computer. The is no "Delete" or "Remove" button to click. I cannot remove any of the listed calls!

Frequent Visitor

Me too.  Should be easy to delete. Amazingly stupid flaw.

Contributor

mn6902 wrote:

I also cannot remove voice mail calls from my computer. The is no "Delete" or "Remove" button to click. I cannot remove any of the listed calls!

Frequent Visitor

I do not understand why only the readable voice mails can be deleted.  When you click on say "missed calls" or any other category besides voice mails, the delete button disappears - there is no delete button anywhere on the page!  I don't get it...what is Comcast doing?  Reporting these calls to someone? I am not comfortable with the fact that I cannot delete what is no longer of use to me and is certainly nobody elses' business!  It's like a breach of privacy...Is this country so paranoid over terrorism that we ALL have to give up the RIGHT to privacy? I would like to know why these lists are not deletable, and what is being done with the information on them.  It's just as ridiculous as being able to accept a collect call from anyone anywhere in the world...as long as they're not in jail.  When does it stop?

New Poster

What bugs me is not being able to delete the telemarketing calls. I had to call the FCC to get these people to stop calling me, now I just want these numbers gone. I've blocked them all. They should disappear the minute you block them.

Contributor

Do you think that Comcast cares about this? I don't. The bottom line is always money.

Contributor

Wow, this is all so weird.  Not until 2 days ago I even realized that voicemail was even a factor in my account until my message machine indicator light would not go off.  Then on my caller ID, an envelope appeared saying I had 13 voice mail messages.  I thought this is crazy I have an answering machine.

I have never ever clicked over to the voice mail tab button on the email, because I never set up a voicemail account with Comcast/xfinity.  I just assumed there was nothing there, because for 4 yrs that I've had phone service my answering machine was picking up all my calls or so I thought.

So, anyway it caused me to think a minute, so I went to my email acct. because I had noticed a voicemail tab up there, lo and behold, and agast to see all my voicemail messages, placed calls missed calls and answered calls plastered all in front of me.  At any rate, nothing has been solved basically, for about 8 hrs of my time over the past 2 or 3 days except my voice mail account deleted.  They assured me that the calls appearing, other than voicemail acct. that I had never set up, was deleted, and that I could delete placed/missed/answered.  Wrong... so, I read somewhere in the information provided it takes 90 days to remove them.  But, in the meantime my phone still flashes on caller ID that I have 31 voice mail message waiting for me, that I can't get off my home phone, perhaps other than deleting all my answering machines saved messages and unhooking my phone for a period of days.  Xfinity is still looking into it, not sure yet what is going to happen.  I didn't know I had a certain pin # and certainly never dialed *99, never knew not one thing about it, until this glitch.

I certainly think it's a privacy issue.  At this point I haven't decided what I plan to do about it.  Anyway, any update I will try and post.  It has become a sort of buyer beware, that voicemail automatically sets itself up unless you go in and delete the service yourself.  I was assured that they have corrected the problem of automatic connection.  But if you have had your service since Comcast changed to Xfinity, I would check out your account to made sure all of these call aren't being recorded on the comcast server.  Well this was just a vent issue for me now.  Hope this helps someone out there.

Regular Visitor

I cannot understand why voice mail has Icons for deleting, mark as, screen and all the others like missed calls, answered calls and Placed calls only have a screen icon. What programer put this mess together.

Regular Visitor

I have tried to delete misssed or old calls for the past 3 hours offf and on.  My doctors office tried to leave a message and was told I could not accept any more message because my message box was full. Naturally, I thought I just had to go online and delete the old messages.  How wrong I was.  I tried every way I could think of. Tried it from my laptop, Ipad and IPhone, with no luck.  I think I will trying forwarding all calls to my Iphone.  Maybe better to switch to ATT with my Iphone.

Contributor

Will Comcast ever read these messages and fix the problem. Probably not based on their very poor service.

Contributor

Update:  Not sure, but it seems that everytime this new equipment (I acquired recently) updates everynite, I know it's not suppose to have anything to do with phone just cable, but anyway my phone  unseemingly flashes & tells me I have new voicemail messages and the envelope appears.  If I have new messages they should be appearing on my answering machine.  My phone tells me who calls or missed calls.  At any rate they keep telling "NO" one is going to look at my calls outgoing, incoming or placed, which or all continue being recorded in plain view on the internet, "their" server.  Of course no way to delete these #'s and no way to stop new ones from appearing everyday and I should not be concerned at All. hmm, right.    Yes, of course this is getting me steamed.  Very much considering going back to Att phone.  In addition I was never before published on ATT, and didn't think about saying oh by the way don't publish my phone # which they did all over the internet of course, not in your friendly phone book.  All in all haven't been at all pleased with comcast "Voice" service.

Contributor

The ChiComs have a simple way of dealing with management that causes problems or ignores customers.

This failure to have a delete icon for messages must be a joke to Xfinity management.

The good news is the list is apparently self cleansing re a time factor.  I can't remember the exact time when messages over a certain time factor are deleted.

New Poster

Thank you SWSTOLL, Well I did did hear back from a Brad in Seatle that said he was really going to take my concern of the Agent calling me on my home phone to The Board(haha) Never heard from him again..Just another agent that has a title that still does not handle Customer Service.. I work from home and my cable, internet and phone as been going in and out since the end of August.. And with my job I cannot been down for more that 1 hour after that I have to give up my Paid Time Off which my vacation time hours.. They have gave me credit for .88 cent the whole time..This company does not care if I loss my JOB but I know 100% if I do not pay my bill they will click the button disconnect in a INSTANT.Know I will be contacting my local Congress Man because something has got to be done!!! Just tonight my cable TV went out and is still out, went online and it says Loading Equipment the dang thing just keeps spinning..I have no choice but to they with them because where I live we cannot have a dish..

New Poster

Re: delete voicemail calls etc.

I have a voice mail that will not give me the prompt to delete. What's going on?

Regular Visitor

You would all the complaints about this problem something would have been done about it by now!
New Poster

oh I see this is an ongoing issue - really to have all these useless messages - frustrating Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

Since my posting regarding this issue, it seems that someone at Comcast finally paid attention. The last time I looked at voice mail online, I saw that there is now a trashcan that I can delete all calls into.

Contributor

Hi, Bajan,

Well good to know that you can delete your voicemail, I never had to do that, because I was frustrated that I had never set voicemail through comcast to answer my calls anyway.

P.S.  But the problem is not fixed!  For the following:  Deleting missed/answered and placed calls is still blatantly on your voice mail tab with no way to delete.  There are check boxes, but no trash bin.  I should not have to put up with this silly nuisance for as much as they ask you to pay for things you do not wish published on the internet. Period.

To the moguls of cable world,  it must be put up or shut up, as they obviously do not care if the problem ever gets fixed.  The dates on the forums can give you that much information.

Frequent Visitor

Well, I stated that the problem must be fixed because the last time I used the voicemail function, I DID have a trashcan that stayed in place while I deleted ALL calls...it wasn't doing that before.

Contributor

Sorry, I understand that you can now delete your voicemail messages.  But, for those who have had their voicemail accounts deleted, or never set up from the start of service, there's still no avail. trash can for deleting the phone #'s of placed calls, missed calls or answered calls.  Just got through checking mine are all still showing.  A checkbox Yes, and delete trash can No. Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

I am also frustrated about not being able to delete "missed calls".  

For those of you that have talked to Comcast, what reason do they give for not allowing us to delete them?

Contributor

Part of the package???  and/or they are working on it.  But the more people that complain about it, the faster the squeaky wheel will be greased.  Apparently, it hasn't been on their radar priority since the problem has been reported.  And from the looks of these complaints it's been a few years now. 

Regular Visitor

Not only can we not delete missed calls, but rather stupidly in my estimation is the fact that to enter new comments in this discussion group, one has to click on the "Reply" button.........."Reply"??? I am not "replying" - I am "entering a new comment". About as stupid as clicking "Start" on Windoz to "stop" or shut down.......... This is why I own only Macs. They make sense unlike Comcast and Microsoft.  I mean you don't really expect a company who specializes in high technology (Comcast) to make it possible to delete obsolute, unnecessary and unwanted information, do you?  Ever try to pay your Comcast bill on-line? Wow, was that a trip!!  After four trys and two phone calls to Comcast NON-support, I finally had to resort to super HIGH TECH.......and put a postage stamp on an envelope, put a check in the envelope and put the envelope in the U.S. mail box!!  

New Poster

This is not complicated in the least.  Adding a delete function and button to the UI (User Interface) is about a 10 minute job.  Comcast has chosen to not offer this function as yet, possibly because of "bigger" priorities with bringing the new Home Security segment of hardware and software up to speed.  My advise is "don't sweat it".....really, unless you fill up your mail boxes and have a resulting issue, just be a little patient.  This "Bug" is no more than a minor inconvenience to me and I'm a software-kind-of-guy.  Cheers and Happy Holidays! Cat Wink

Frequent Visitor

I' m going to solve my problem in the next few minutes. Ever since we went with Comcast for our phone last week we have nad nothing but problems. I understand that Comcast can delete "voice mail" from your setup. You have to ask them to do it. I really don't need voice mail. My base phone has an answering system that has served us well for the past five years and should continue to do so. Comcast definitely needs to correct this problem unless they have an agreement with NSA to report all of our calls and keep them loged in for 90 days.

I don't think we would have ever made the change from Frontier if we had known this was going to turn into a hassel like this.

New Poster

The year is 2014 and comcast still has not figured out a way to have a delete or another method of deleting missed and answered calls.  Maybe there programmers are like the us government - useless and customer service sometimes falls into that category.

Contributor

Woman Frustrated  Yes, one would think, huh?   Can anyone hear this, Xfinity/Comcast Anyone?

Spoiler

Contributor

None, as usual. Their communication with customers is abysmal, as is their concern about fixing problems!

Regular Visitor

The missed calls list must be full. I want to delete the entire list. How can I delete the missed calls?

Contributor

Here is your answer straight from the horses mouth  "Comcast"/Xfinity---- 'You can't'.  'Period, end of report.'    As of this date. 

The bill payer does not have the authority to delete the call lists of 'placed, missed or answered' calls from their own phone number.   Unless of course you choose to have another provider.

New Poster

Just talked to comcast and was told that the syetem is surpose to delete all call after ninity day.  I told them that my calls are way over that, they also that is on them if this feature is not working right that they are going to look into this, ya right.  So I had them to note for the reason why I call and told them that I would call back in a few day and see what the answer will be then. I feel like most of you  I have been paying to long not to have what I pay for.  So I hope we will get answers in the next few day.

Frequent Visitor

2 years after this post - still cannot delete missed calls! WTH?????