Community Forum

closed phone account still accepting messages

New Poster

closed phone account still accepting messages

I closed my account over 30 days ago (with internet, cable and voice).  I moved to new city and set up a new xfinity account with internet, tv only (no voice).

But people can still call my old phone number and leave voice messages, which I cannot retrieve.  Everyone at my local Comcast office is puzzled by this.  Same when calling customer service.

How can I get that number shut down?  And how can I retreive any messages that were left?  When I try to retrieve the messages, it says my pin number is invalid (probably because the account has been closed).

Official Employee

Re: closed phone account still accepting messages

Hello, kristin10! Welcome to our community! You should not have access to the voicemails but we can't remove the voicemail box from your old account. Could you please send me a private message with your first and last name, old address, phone number (the old one)? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!