Community Forum

blocking my own home number.

Regular Contributor

blocking my own home number.

My own home number is showing up on my caller ID with my name.

I got 3 calls yesterday and now it has escalated to 12 calls today.  The Comcast system will not let

me block it as one of my 25 numbers because it is my home number.  I have blocking service with my Panasonic phone,  but the phone still rings once and disturbs us.  What can I do short of cancelling my phone service? I have had this number for 50 years and I will not change it.

Official Employee

Re: blocking my own home number.

Hi, tbill1! Do you have some type of automatic service? I'm not sure why you keep getting calls from your own number. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastElla wrote:

Hi, tbill1! Do you have some type of automatic service? I'm not sure why you keep getting calls from your own number. 

Hi Comcast Ella,

The telemarketers are spoofing my number.  I have an 831- prefix,  which is what I usually see in the way of spoofed calls, but they have escalated the spoofing to a new level. The calls stopped today for the holiday .

Official Employee

@tbill1 - Ohh now I got you, thank you for providing the details. If you don't mind, give me some time, I will ask my colleagues if there are any ways around the spoofing issue. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@tbill1 - I discussed your issue with my team. They recommended to try a Nomorobo service (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nomorobo) but it will still ring once. Did you get any calls today? 

Regular Contributor

Hi Ella,

My Panasonic phone can block 250 numbers,  so Nomorobo will not be an improvement if the phone still rings.  However, I tried * 60 and it accepted my home number.  And so far I haven't gotten anymore of my "own number" calls.  As always, thanks for looking into this for me.

Official Employee

@tbill1 - Thank you so much for letting me know, I hope you won't get any unwanted calls in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Contributor

I am now getting the same type of calls which show my number and name on caller ID. It is someone saying they are from Microsoft and want to fix my PC.  Nomorobo does block after 1 ring. Started 1 week ago.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, pgagale! Glad to hear that Nomorobo blocks those calls. We don't really have any other methods to stop spam calls due to they keep changing the phone numbers.