Community Forum

Wrong Caller ID

Regular Visitor

Wrong Caller ID

On Comcast phones (and no where else that I'm aware of) my caller ID shows up as a business.  My family and freinds assume it's a junk call and don't answer. Who do I contact to get this fixed? I'm outside the Comcast service area, and the usual customer service can't help..

Official Employee

Re: Wrong Caller ID

Hello, Yrettab! Thank you for reaching out to us! What is your current phone service provider? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation.  My telephone provider is Tello (a Sprint wireless reseller). I've never received a call about the business, so I'm guessing the number was never activated until I got it. Again, only Comcast phones show the incorrect caller ID.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi Yrettab, thanks for reaching back out to us here. I hope you had a great vacation and a safe trip back home. When it comes to the caller ID being incorrect you would have to speak with your current provider to get this corrected. When you make a call the voice card is sent from that provider through many different systems until it finally gets to its destination. The information that we see on the receiving end doesn't change in this process so the correct place to get this addressed is at the source. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!