Community Forum

Wondering Why

Regular Contributor

Wondering Why

Comcast provides an excellent robot call blocking service, Nomorobo. Almost all of the robot calls never ring my home phone anymore. Answering the phone when it does ring usually is a call I want to answer. This service is a blessing and kudos to Comcast for supplying it. I highly recommend it. However there is one flaw, it blocks all calls from Comcast. A call made during a chat from the representative was also blocked. I had to disable it for them to get through.
Problem Solver

Re: Wondering Why

@ancient46 wrote:
Comcast provides an excellent robot call blocking service, Nomorobo. Almost all of the robot calls never ring my home phone anymore. Answering the phone when it does ring usually is a call I want to answer. This service is a blessing and kudos to Comcast for supplying it. I highly recommend it. However there is one flaw, it blocks all calls from Comcast. A call made during a chat from the representative was also blocked. I had to disable it for them to get through.

Whenever I have to call I use a cell phone. I realize that not all have them though. It IS a great robocall

blocker, I agree!

Regular Contributor

Re: Wondering Why

Well having been born long before the cell phone era I have my house wired for cable I do not need one and can not afford one. We do have one in the car for emergencies that costs us lwss than 13 dollars a month. It is sad that Comcast has gone bonkers for WIFI and left the last members of a bygone era behind.

Nomorobo is simply a program that works. I only pay attention to calls that ring more than once. Before Nomorobo, my wife was afraid the call was someone we knew and insisted on answering, Now if it does not ring twice the just walks out the door with me.

Two robocalls were intercepted during the typing of this message.