Community Forum

Why is call history all of sudden Empty????

Valued Contributor

Why is call history all of sudden Empty????

Normally when I review Call History it is filled with 3 months of calls that cannot be deleted, but today I go in and it says the Call History is empty.  What is going on???????

Contributor

Re: Why is call history all of sudden Empty????

same here

Your call history is empty.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, mine is gone today too.  It was all still there last night, but today I get "Your call history is empty"

Frequent Visitor

Same story here....it was there last night but so far it's been empty all day today. No notice about a cause.

Contributor

Same issue in Pittsburgh, PA.   "Your call history is empty" is displayed using either IE11, Chrome or Edge.  No Comcast reported outages identified in My Account section.  Call Log was also functioning correctly as of last night, 2/13/18.

Regular Visitor

2/14/18

My call history is also empty.

Comcast should tell us whether there was a computer glitch.

Maybe the history was hacked so that someone can sell our "calls".

I trust Comcast monitors this site and will start to fix the problem.

Is the data lost forever?

I called my comcast number from another phone. It still does not show up in my history. But it does show up in voice messages.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

same call log is empty on connect app and online under voice. Please fix this as it happens quite frequently I am on the road and use the call log to see who calls me when I am out.
Regular Visitor

xfinity Chat Transcript

CHAT STARTED AT Feb 14, 2018 4:33:00 PM
4:33 PM Plummer: Why is call history all of sudden Empty????
Normally when I review Call History it is filled with 3 months of calls that cannot be deleted, but today I go in and it says the Call History is empty. What is going on???????

---You are now chatting with Rommel---

4:33 PM Rommel :

Hi William, thank you for contacting Xfinity Chat Support.  My name is Rommel.  Please give me a moment to review your account information.

4:33 PM Plummer : Hello Rommel
4:33 PM Rommel : I apologize for the inconvenience with your Call History.
4:33 PM Rommel : Currently there is an outage ongoing on the Call History that is why it is showing empty.
4:33 PM Plummer: Its not just mine. Look at the message board. It started today.
4:34 PM Plummer: Will it come back?
4:34 PM Rommel : Estimated time of fixed is not yet determined but it is being worked already to restore the informations at the soonest time.

Powered By eGain

Frequent Visitor

My call history has now returned.  I hope everyone else's has too.

Valued Contributor

It came back, not sure when, but it sure would be nice if comcast would let its customers know when there is an issue instead of just not saying anything.  Again they show how much they really care about their customer base.  Just saying.  have never seen such poor customer realitions.   

New Poster

Amen to that suggestion, Comcast letting their customers know when there is a problem, instead of us making numerous calls and chats to their reps to try and straighten it out, all to no avail.

We lost our call history recently (12/26/18), after switching back over to Comcast after a brief  termination (our choice), and while we still had to reset some of our preferences again, this one about letting the call history show is not available unless there is a call history shown-then there is a tab  (supposedly) at the top right of the page in history that lets you choose to show the history or not.

This is from the Philadelphia suburbs, just to let others know, if it is a regional problem with Comcast.  No one has been able to tell me yet why this is happening.  But we also use this feature (call history) and want it back asap if possible.  It seems a simple thing, but who knows-as it seems a big secret or a big problem, at this point why it is happening.

Contributor

I think the outage is more the regional. I haven't had a call history in Tucson for the last month. Voice mail shows up in the appropriate place, but not in the call history.

Homer

New Poster

I am in the same situation for 40 days.  No one at xfinity can solve this issue.

Contributor

It has been almost 3 months now with no call history. Have the Voice Mails, but no call history. I've been told to try a different browser and so forth. Happens on mulptiple computers and operating systems. Can we get this fixed?

New Poster

All bS about browser.  The xfinity office has logged into my account several times with me there.  Voicemails are there but no call history.  My call history dissapeared about June 28th never to be seen again.  At least I know now I am not the only one.

Official Employee

Hi All,

Appreciate you posting about your call history navigation issues. I'd like to get some insight from tech ops about its location so we can get this resolved for you. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Having the same issue in Maplewood, MN. Call history is empty.
New Poster

I haven't been able to get my call history to load in weeks. I really need to see if I've blocked one company by accident and can't access the history at all.

Contributor

Able to load Call History in Pittsburgh, PA using IE11, Edge, Chrome and Xfinity Connect App .  However, new incoming and/or outgoing calls have not been recorded since since 10:25 AM EST on 9/23/19.

9/27/19 UPDATE:  Call History Log functioning correctly this morning, 9/27/19.

New Poster

I am a NEW xfinity voice customer in NJ.  Within 24 hours of signing up I started getting spam calls.  I do NOT want to sign up for the automatic blocking service but thought I could block calls from my Call History.  Unfortunately, that Call History is EMPTY!!

Not off to a good start and definitely not pleased that there isn't an easy one-touch way to block calls (as I was able to do on my cell phone).

New Poster

I used to be able to do this on the account page, but for the past few months it either is empty or just keeps trying to load  and never does. I did sign up for nomorobo which really does help, the calls ring one ring then stops. But I'm still getting calls from other places like fake medicare scams and nomorobo doesn't catch it and I can't block it on my account page. If anyone figures out why we can't, please share.

New Poster

I wish we could also change this thread so it doesn't say "ANSWERED" because it hasn't been!!
Contributor

Mine is back out again - multiple computers, multiple browsers. Can't run the app on my phone as it doesn't like Android 10. I had reported the outage before, it worked for one day, then no more. Happens this way every time. I wish they would either fix this or do away with it.

New Poster

My call history disappeared suddenly a couple weeks ago. Figured it was a glitch & would re-appear but when it hasn't after 2 weeks I called Comcast. First 2 agents insited it was because I no longer had voicemail, yet I've always had voicemail & tested it & it was working. Then they said it was because I had my own answering machine (huh??). They insisted it was a problem unique to me. I usually look at it from my laptop so I decided to try the Xfinity app on my phone. Went to call history, it was there at first and within seconds it all disappeared, I'm assuming as it went out & updated. I called again the next day & that person was more personable but no more helpful & ended up leaving me on hold so long that I hung up after 10 minutes. Tonight I talked to a very nice gentleman who was polite and personable, but all he could tell me was that he looked thru the forums & found others were also having the isuue (possibly THIS forum) so Comcast was aware & should be working on it. Really? From reading these posts it looks like it's been an issue for a while! And it doesn't appear anyone from Comcst has commented for many weeks. C'mon Comcast - you preach GREAT customer service so let's get this fixed!!! Thank you.

New Poster

Funny that you mentioned the voice mail. On my account page it says I don't have voice mail set up and to call to set it up, but I do have it and it works fine. I wonder if the issues are connected as it still says the voice mail isn't set up and the call history just keeps spinning that little circle around and never loads.

Contributor

Voice mail works fine, but no call history.  Even did a good job at transcribing my last voice mail from a friend who is French.

New Poster

Yes GrannySue - mine said the same thing about voicemail not being set up - it's always said that even tho' voicemail always worked fine and I got emails whenever anyone left a message. When I talked to the first agent in all of this, who said I didn't have voice mail when I always have, for 19 years, she finally said she would "put it back on at no cost" - and now any voice mail calls show up on that "voice" tab. But now I'm waiting to see my next bill & find out what it cost me ;-)

Someone else here mentioned Nomorobo, which I also signed up for. That is actually what prompted me to look at the call history as we kept getting a call every day when I was home from work at lunch but it was blocked after 1 ring with no info showing up for it. I began to wonder if it was someone I know that knows I am home at lunch & trying to reach me, that's why I looked at the call history. And yes, the call history had worked previously with Nomorobo, which was nice because you could see which calls/how many were being blocked as robo calls.

New Poster

Have call history problem and call or chat and all i get is excuses and they will fix. They never do. They constantly want me to join their home security but if they cant manage to fix call history why would I want to trust them with home security. 

If you cant fix it say so and quit wasting my time!!!