Community Forum

Voicemail alert not displayed on home phone

New Poster

Voicemail alert not displayed on home phone

Until recently, whenever a caller left a voicemail I'd see a light flashing on my phone and the dial tone would start with a number of beeps. I've researched this issue online and none of the suggested advice solved the problem. Several posts on this forum indicate that I'd need to contact an Xfinity/Comcast representative and they'd fix the problem from their end. So, any volunteers?

Thanks in advance

Regular Visitor

Re: Voicemail alert not displayed on home phone

I just developed the same problem a few weeks ago. Help please.

New Poster

I called Comcast's tech support earlier today and requested a call back. I heard from them five minutes later. I spent a half hour on the phone with two of Comcast's support team and they fixed the problem. 

The first person I talked to spent a reasonable amount of time verifying the problem and quickly concluded that I needed to talk to someone at a higher level. That person found that the voicemail alerts had somehow been disabled for my account. Once that was changed I was back in business.  

Bottom line, to get this issue resolved you'll need to speak to someone with access to Comcast's system.

Regular Visitor

thanks so much,  I called and it was the same thing as you had. I was transferred and the blinking had been turned off. they fixed it. Also they reset my passwork, so if that happens to others with this problem, the last 4 of your phone number is what it defaults to.