Community Forum

Use a phone answering machine

New Poster

Use a phone answering machine

My answering machine no longer records calls, how can I set Xfninity phone to allow use of answering machine.

New Poster

Re: Use a phone answering machine

how do i retrieve my messages

New Poster

I would like an answer to this question also. I don't see an alert on the handset when someone leaves a message, only the stutter tone alerts me to call *99. 

Official Employee

Hello all. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. 

For nebbercracker, are you trying to use your own personal answering machine? If so, set your Xfinity voicemail answer 2 rings higher than that of your personal answering machine. I.E. Personal answering machine is set to 4 rings make the Xfinity voicemail 6 rings. You should be able to see how to do this from the following link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-number-of-rings-before-calls-are-forwarded

For catherinebeatri and Wintermere, to retrieve messages please see the following link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-voicemail-while-traveling

If anyone on this thread still needs assistance, please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks, I finally figured it out.  

Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, nebbercracker. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!