Community Forum

Unable to change call forwarding features

Contributor

Unable to change call forwarding features

Hello,

I am trying to use nomorobo. I have followed the instructions on use, when I get to the part of the setup that wants me to add the phone number for nomorobo in my call forwarding, I can't do it. It says "temporarily Unavailable". 

I have already spent 40 minutes on chat (worthless, the "tech" was probably a bot, never listened to my problem). I talked to a rep on the phone and started a ticket, the tech that called seemed to be clueless as well and not listening. Anyhow, I am posting a shot of what I see, any help would be appreciated. BTW, the call forwarding feature does work from the Comcast app. Thanks in advance.

Comcast2.jpg

Problem Solver

Re: Unable to change call forwarding features

I use the Connect app myself and know that whatever changes I make within its setting area for Call Forwarding makes it to the actual phone number so I don't need to go into the web site and make the change there as well.  

Regarding the image you included in your post, that is reflective of the older account interface that has been in process of being replaced by their newer interface.  I don't know if perhaps your account was in the process of being coverted from the older platform to the newer one at the time you were trying to use the web interface or not, so that may or may not account for the temporarily unavailable message you were getting.  My own account used to be under the older interface and months ago was upgraded to the newer interface, so that is how I know the difference between the two.

Hope this helps you out.

Contributor

Well, at least this is an answer. You were more help than the tech support. I don't have access to the Advanced call forwarding that I need for the nomorobo, because I have to input my phone number and the phone number for nomorobo. I can only do one number in the app. Thank you for your help. I guess I just need to be patient, as I still have that interface.

Problem Solver

I am using the Connect App on my Android phone, which looks to be version 6.8.0 from what I can tell in its Settings screen in the upper right hand corner.  When I select the Settings - Call Preferences - Call Forwarding option, it lists the numbers I have setup already and has an Add A Number option that when selected allows me to enter in a new number to add to the forwarding process.  I already have three setup, inclucding nomorobo, and it allows me to set up a new one.  Not sure if you have the same version of the app or running it on the same platform as I am as I do understand that there may be some differences there based on platform, but you might want to give that a try.

Hope this helps you out.

Contributor

I have version 6.7.1 installed, no option to update in Google Play store. So, it appears I have the lastest version for me. I am using a Galaxy S7 phone.

Contributor

Comcastshane helped me. This is resolved.

Problem Solver

Very glad to hear that you were able to get the issue resolved.  

Have a great day.