Community Forum

Telephone Caller Id issues.

Regular Visitor

Telephone Caller Id issues.

How do I enable the telephone caller I.D. on my TV'S and Computers. It was working until a Comcast Tech changed out some TV boxes in my home .

Official Employee

Re: Telephone Caller Id issues.

Hello, dougshipman. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with the caller id not showing up on the TVs and computers. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@dougshipman wrote:

How do I enable the telephone caller I.D. on my TV'S and Computers. It was working until a Comcast Tech changed out some TV boxes in my home .

Wait, Caller ID can show up on computers, as well as TVs?  How do I get that to work?

Regular Visitor

Thank you so muich for responding. Here is some info I hope will help you help me. My address is <edited for personal information>. I look forward to your assistance with getting  the caller ID to wqork again !

Official Employee

Thank you for that information, dougshipman. Unfortunately, it looks like it was a public post and not a private message. Can you please click on my name and then click send a message on the right side of the screen. All I would need is your first and last name. I have edited your post to protect your information. 

jmr1959, We use to be able to have the caller id pop up on the computer. However, this has been discontinued. You can find more information on it at the following link: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Phone-Archive/Caller-ID-to-the-PC-Update-July-9-2015/m-p/2555800#U2555...

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

ComcastMichael,

Mmm, ok... Thanks for the info.

It's just that, from his post, it sounded like dougshipman had this capabilty until very recently...  Or did he really lose it almost 4 years ago, and is just now saying something about it?

Dougshipman,

Can you please tell us how long ago Caller ID stopped working on your Computer?

Thanks.

Official Employee

Hello, dougshipman. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.