Community Forum

Suggestion: Voice Softphone Application

New Poster

Suggestion: Voice Softphone Application

This is a fairly simple suggestion, but as the title reads, I believe a Xfinity Voice softphone web application would be an asset to both customers and the company alike. Having the ability to get on a laptop, hook up to wifi, login to my Comcast account, and then being able to check my home phone messages or calls has been a very useful tool. The only thing that's missing from that feature is the ability to call out. Maybe my phone is low on power and I don't have a charging cable? There's numerous reasons that this could come in handy. 

Anyway, let me know what you think? Would you use this feature? I know that my phone speaker is kind of terrible so I'd rather use my PC headset anyway. 

New Poster

Re: Suggestion: Voice Softphone Application

I agree, adding a softphone would bring great value to my Xfinity voice. I use the Xfinity voice line less and less. Having a softphone app where I could make a call while working on my Mac would increase my use of Xfinity voice and increase the value it brings. I use Skype on my Mac to make phone calls and being able to replace that with a softphone that accessed Xfinity voice would save a bit on my Skype bill as well.