Community Forum

Stop robocalls on land line

New Poster

Stop robocalls on land line

How is Comcast working to stop robocalls? I do not answer my land line because despite no call listing we get 10-20 robocalls a day, trying to sell stuff or steal identity.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Stop robocalls on land line

@kimotti wrote:
How is Comcast working to stop robocalls? I do not answer my land line because despite no call listing we get 10-20 robocalls a day, trying to sell stuff or steal identity.

Are you paying for the Voice service?  

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nomorobo

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Me, too.

New Poster

I added the phone line so my 80 year old mom would have a back up phone in case of an emergency. The number is not listed. We have been on the federal DO NOT CALL LIST for all our phones, and resubmit every year. Ghost forwarding and Robocalls are now making a FALL RISK SENIOR CITIZEN------RUN TO THE PHONE FOR A SCAM. Xfinity has now made it DANGEROUS to my household by giving out my phone number, raising the service rates to outrageous levels---TO RUN COMMERCIALS AND SPONSOR AN F1 TEAM.  My service JUMPED $100 in the last few months, AND I AM PAYING FOR THE PERSONAL VIOLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY FURIOUS!!!!

Official Employee

Hi All, 

Truly appreciate you taking the time to post on our forums about your frustrations with Robo calls. I understand how much of a nuisance they can be especially when you are spending time with your loved ones; they definitely can take time away from your day! 

We have partnered with Nomorobo to block unsolicited robocalls to your home. Nomorobo is a cloud-based service that hangs upon or blocks illegal robocaller or telemarketer calls from calling the intended Xfinity Voice number.

Go to https://www.nomorobo.com/signup and follow instructions for signing up.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Very cool info. I did not know about this.

Frequent Visitor

Nomorobo does not work for the majority of the calls because those calls are illegal. Can Comcast do something further? Yes I pay for Comcast Voice. This has gotten out of hand.

Official Employee

jg303, are the calls you're getting coming from a specific number?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

No of course they are not the same numbers. They all appear to be spoofed to my local area code and first 3 digits of my phone number. Very frustrating as I have already used up the 25 Blocked Calls I am allowed through Comcast Voice.

Official Employee

jg303, I'm sorry to hear that! I can definitely understand how that could be frustrating. While we don't have a way to prevent other people from spoofing your phone number, I can submit your feedback to try to implement a feature in the future. 

While I don't want to create an inconvenience for you, we do always have the option to change your phone number if this is something you'd like to do.