Community Forum

Simultaneous Ring Xfinity VOIP

New Poster

Simultaneous Ring Xfinity VOIP

Currently have Vonage.  In the Vonage account management section I can specify "Simultaneous Ring" for my home Vonage VOIP line and incoming calls to that phone will also ring on my cell - simultaneous ring.

Does Xfinity offer the same option?  I do not want my cell phone incoming calls to also ring on the home line, just the home line calls simultaneously ringing on the cell.  

I saw a convuluted post about doing this with an app on one's cell phone which doe snot make sense to me.  

Simple question:  Do options with the Xfinity VOIP account management/preferences provide an option for simultaneous ring?  

Problem Solver

Re: Simultaneous Ring Xfinity VOIP

There are several different levels of Xfinity Voice service with different abilities, for information on the specific abilities at each level this page should help you out.  

If you subscribe to a level of Xfinity Voice that has Advanced Call Forwarding ability, this page will step you through how using the Xfinity web portal to setup additional phone numbers to simultaneous ring when a call is made to your Xfinity Vocie number.  

If you subscribe to a level of Xfinity Voice that has the Voice2Go ability for using the Connect App, you can from a smartphone or tablelet that the connect app is installed on through its settings add to and remove from the list of phone numbers that will simultaneous ring when a call is made to your Xfinity Voice number.  Using the app on a smartphone has the added advantage of allowing you from your smartphone to make calls from the app so that it utilizes your Xfinity Voice number.  From this viewpoint it is like having one device, your smartphone, have two numbers.  

Hope this information helps you out.