Community Forum

Set up Voicemail

New Poster

Set up Voicemail

How do I set up my voicemail?  Was told to just dial my number but that is not working.

New Poster

Re: Set up Voicemail

I'm having the same issue!

Diamond Problem Solver

Setting up voice mail is on page 11 of the CDV manual HERE

You start by dialing *99 from your home phone.

Problem Solver

All,

Sorry about the issues you are having. The information provided by Jay is correct. If you still need more assistance please let us know.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

The tech support rep was finally able to fix the issue with my voicemail.  It's working now. I tried and tried to follow the directions online and in the manual to no avail. The *99 did not work either.  Unfortunately you will have to call in and talk to a rep to have the issue fixed. 

Regular Visitor

My answering voice mail is in spanish.  I have no idea what they are saying as I am AMERICAN. How in the world can this happen??????????????????

Gold Problem Solver

dcthorpe777 wrote:

My answering voice mail is in spanish.  I have no idea what they are saying as I am AMERICAN. How in the world can this happen??????????????????

See this:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/setting-up-voicemail/

ANd setup your personalized VM greeting....

New Poster

I'm trying to setup voicemail - I press *99 & it says my voicemail isn't setup, oh boy!

Gold Problem Solver

JBS2 wrote:

I'm trying to setup voicemail - I press *99 & it says my voicemail isn't setup, oh boy!

If this was new service, it can from 24 to 72 hours for all backend services to be turned on.  Try again at the 3 day mark and see if it will aloow setup then.  If not, Call into Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and speak with a CSR.

New Poster

I was told to press star 99 and busy signal comes on and says good bye,i didn'tknow it was going to be so complicated