Community Forum

Remove call waiting and voicemail

New Poster

Remove call waiting and voicemail

I came to Xfinity from ATT specifcally for a regular old line with NO FEATURES. I use the line to work at home and stressed that I needed a line that had nothing more than a dial tone before signing up. Of course the rep assured me that it was possible and of course when it was installed today it has everything that I requested it not.

Now I have been going round and round with customer service to have this removed. Everytime I talk to someone different I get a different answer. At this point Ive heard everything from it cant be done without adding a second line (which I am not going to do) to the system shows the line has no features.

Am truely at my witts end and just want a straight answer so I can move on if it cant be done. I havent been able to work in a week and this is just further delaying it. Can someone resolve this or give me a straight answer?

New Poster

Re: Remove call waiting and voicemail

I am having the same issue for over a month now, they claim it is in tier 3 and I will get a call back and still not contact from them. For all the upgrade they have, they cant fix something as simple as this.  I dont want call waiting and voice mail, it is annoying, Get it together Comcast//Xfinity

New Poster

I was actually able to get this resolved in one phone call. It was a long call but when I hung up the features were removed.

This is a Tier 3 issue but they should still be able to handle it over the phone. The rep who initally took the call was not able to handle it and transfered me to another rep (Tier 2 I assume) he tinkered with it and still was not able to remove the features. He then contacted Tier 3 and chatted with them while I was on hold. He constantly kept me in the loop but it took about 30 minutes. Then finally we tested it and Violia! 

Althought the issues was resolved in one call I had to make at least 5 calls before I got the right person. Every rep I talked to told me something different so if the rep does anything other than transfer you to Tier 2 hang up and call back. Its hella annoying but apparently Comcast doesnt care enough to arm all their reps with the same information so the leg work is on us. If I didnt need this line for work there's no way I would have dealth with this.

Anywho hope this helps and good luck on the merry go round!

New Poster

Mine was finally fixed on Thursday night.  They said that if the modem stays offline for more than 5 mins it will go back to the default, so he gave me his phone number if it happens again

Official Employee

Hi @Envymetoo, and @cphoyer

Thank you for posting to the forums. Sorry for the experience you guys have had while trying to have the phone features removed. I'm happy someone was able to help get this taken care of. Please let us know if there's anything we can assist you with in the future. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!