Community Forum

Re: voice2go

Contributor

I have a Samsung Note 4 with Sprint. I used the Xfinity Connect app in order to get caller ID notification on my cell when someone called my house. This was very useful when I wasn't at home, and I didn't want to call forward to my cell. I would get a brief notification tone that there had been a call, and a little icon on my home screen of my cell. 

For the past week, every time my home phone rings, instead of just giving me that brief notification, my cell just keeps ringing and ringing for as long as my home phone rings. I cannot answer the call on my cell, it just keeps ringing.

I have tried everything to make it stop, to no avail. I just read on the forum that someone said by activating Voice2Go, you would have the option to turn off the ringing on your cell, so I activated Voice2Go. There is still no way to make the ringing stop, and now my settings no longer give me the option to get a notification for caller ID.

How can I get rid of Voice2Go and make my phone work the way it used to, with just a notification of caller ID, and no simultaneous ringing? Thanks for your help.

Contributor

I just posted a message, and forgot to click on "email me when someone replies". I then clicked "bookmark" hoping I'd be able to find my post again. But how do I find the bookmark later when I want to see if anyone replied? I don't see any way to retrieve the bookmark here.  I use Firefox, and it is not listed in the bookmarks there, either.

Expert

@jean1145 wrote:

How can I get rid of Voice2Go and make my phone work the way it used to, with just a notification of caller ID, and no simultaneous ringing? Thanks for your help.

Voice2Go enables you to make and receive calls using your mobile device. If you don't want the simultaneous ringing anymore, you can go into the Settings, then Call Settings, of your Xfinity Connect App, and turn off the Ringtone, or you can turn it off from your Xfinity Account on a PC browser here (requires XFINITY Account logon). 

@jean1145 wrote:

I just posted a message, and forgot to click on "email me when someone replies". I then clicked "bookmark" hoping I'd be able to find my post again. But how do I find the bookmark later when I want to see if anyone replied? I don't see any way to retrieve the bookmark here.  I use Firefox, and it is not listed in the bookmarks there, either.

The default setting on the forum is to Automatically Subscribe to Topics Or Reviews That I've Participated In.  (You can check this setting here. )

Even though your post was moved from the original (dead) thread you posted in before, you will still get notifications on your primary email account on this forum if someone replies to this thread. You can then follow the reply from the email. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know I can turn off the ringtone, but I want to get rid of Voice2Go altogether. When my home phone rings, my cell also rings, and says, "Accept" or "Decline." I press "Accept", and nothing happens, home phone keeps ringing. I went into preferences, and some of the choices I used to have are gone. For example, there is no longer a choice to turn on notification for caller ID. I have a regular home phone  and also a home fax. I used to get a notice on my cell if EITHER of those lines had a call. Now the fax no longer shows up at all. I wish I had never heard of Voice2Go, and I want to get rid of it. Is there any way?

Expert

What happens when you uncheck the Xfinity Connect App on the link I provided earlier? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

If I uncheck the xfinity box, my cell does not ring when my home phone rings. It also means I do not get caller ID notification like I used to before I enabled this horrible Voice2Go Service. If I leave it checked, when my home phone rings, it says I have a missed call, but not the caller ID like it used to. I'm going to have to go to the Comcast store and see if there is some way to remove Voice2Go and put my phone back to the way it was.

Even trying to use Voice2Go to answer a call was a disaster. I clicked "Accept", then it asked if it was okay to use my microphone, I said "yes", but the person still could not hear me. I could hear the caller, but the quality was terrible.