Community Forum

Phone book / contact list feature

Contributor

Phone book / contact list feature

Currently many legitimate calls (not robo calls) from cell phones show up on the TV as "Wireless Caller", or something similar, in addition to the phone number.  Would it be possible for Comcast to provide a phone book or contact list feature similar to what smart phones and most home phone hand-held receivers have, so that the name associated with that number in the customer's contact list would be displayed instead of the not-very-helpful "Wireless Caller"?

OK, I know it's 'possible' (it's just software, after all)... I guess what I'm really asking is what would it take to make it happen, ie.  to get Comcast interested in providing such a feature?

Does anyone else on this forum think this is a worthwhile thing to have?

Contributor

Re: Phone book / contact list feature

-- "Does anyone else on this forum think this is a worthwhile thing to have?"

Guess not...

Nevermind.  Forget I said anything.

Official Employee

Hello, jmr1959. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I certainly appreciate you bringing this idea to our attention. So what you are trying to get at is an internal contact list on your phone service, correct? Right now, I know some mobile carriers are limited to the "Wireless Caller" at this time, but if you had the internal list you would be able to recognize the number. Just want to make sure I have the right idea here.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

ComcastMicheal,

Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like you've got the idea. Nothing conceptually new or complicated here, just a replication of a feature/function that's already in most phones these days.

Official Employee

That's certainly a great idea. I think there may be limitations as the numbers would have to be stored on a server. For example, blocked calls list can only have 25 numbers added to it due to limitations and being shared with x amount of customers. But this is something I will certainly forward to the proper channels to have it looked into.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Thanks.

I appreciate it!

Official Employee

You are welcome, jmr1959. I appreciate you being a part of the Comcast family. If you need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.