Community Forum

Phone Extensions

New Poster

Phone Extensions

Currently, I do not have xfinity phone service.  I have three rooms with landlines (one number).  If I purchase xfinity phone service, am I limited to the phone ringing in only one room (the room with the modem)?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Phone Extensions

@HappyValley wrote: ... am I limited to the phone ringing in only one room (the room with the modem)?

No. The installer should:

1. Disconnect your current telco from your home's phone wiring.
  2. Run a base cord from the (probably) modem/Wifi router/eMTA gateway device to the nearest telephone jack to energize your home's phone outlets.

That should allow any phone plugged in to any jack in the house to work. If you have a phone in the room where the gateway is located and only 1 phone jack there, you'll need some sort of phone wiring "Y" connector for that.

Official Employee

HappyValley -- Did this answer your question? Do you need any further assistance?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, it answered the question.  No additional assistance needed.  Thanks.

Official Employee

Thanks for confirming. Take care!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!