Community Forum

Nomorobo effectiveness

Frequent Visitor

Nomorobo effectiveness

I've had Nomorobo on my Xfinity voice service for well over a year IIRC. Looks like the scammers have figured out an effective workaround to the blocking service. I have received over 2 dozen robocalls in the last 48 hours, and have reported all of them using Nomorobo's online reporting form. The value of the service is rapidly diminishing. The most effective solution may be to cancel my voice service all together. 

Problem Solver

Re: Nomorobo effectiveness

@Bob137 wrote:

I've had Nomorobo on my Xfinity voice service for well over a year IIRC. Looks like the scammers have figured out an effective workaround to the blocking service. I have received over 2 dozen robocalls in the last 48 hours, and have reported all of them using Nomorobo's online reporting form. The value of the service is rapidly diminishing. The most effective solution may be to cancel my voice service all together. 

We are noticing the same results and reporting on a regular basis. The robocallers must be getting

more high tech these days? Nomorobo worked great for a couple of years.

Frequent Visitor

Same thing here.   Nombrobo worked well for a time.  Many numbers come in as "anonymous" lately that Nomorobo cannot block.  Also, many obviously spoofed numbers from local towns. 

Contributor

Sorry to hear it's not working so well anymore for you guys, and maybe a little concerned.

It's still working as well for me now as it did when I signed up about a year and a half ago.

I guess I've been lucky so far.

Maybe the spammers just haven't gotten to me yet... :-/

New Poster

same here....need function to block last caller

Contributor

@kingeider wrote:

same here....need function to block last caller

There already is one... sort of. You can add the number to your blocked caller list.

On your Comcast page, under the Voice tab, select the Call History page, then on the row with the phone number, at far right side click on Options, then select Block Caller.  This will add the phone number to your blocked callers list.

Note - It takes a few minutes to an hour or so for the last call to show up on the Call History page.  So if the number's not there when you look for it, wait a while, it'll show up eventually.

New Poster

nope these spam calls are shown on Comcast call history as unknown number and then if you ask to block, you get this: 

Contributor

I see...

OK, have you enabled Anonymous Calls Rejection (it's a check box at the top of the Call Blocking page)?

To do so, click on the little gear shaped icon in the top right corner of the Call History page that you where on before.

Click on Settings.

Then click on Call Blocking on the left side of the new page.

Then check the 'Block all anonymous calls' box.

I think this will keep calls that have Unknown Number from getting through at all. I have it checked on my account and I don't get any calls in my history showing Unkown Number.

Update -- OK, that last statement may not be totally accurate. These calls do show up in my History, but they are marked as "Private" in the name and number fields, with a Duration of 0s, and my phone never rang when the call came in.