Community Forum

Need Phone Features Removed for Work!

Highlighted
New Poster

Need Phone Features Removed for Work!

Hello! I have been trying to get an issue resolved for the past few hours and it is URGENT. My phone needs to be feature-free for my work from home job - that means no voicemail and no call waiting. I have to have this resolved by the morning or else I cannot move forward with my work. When my job did technical onboarding, everything worked with my internet and computer, but to my surprise, my phone did not pass the requirements. I spoke with four agents today who confirmed that phone features were disabled in my account in December 2018. But when doing several test calls to make sure callers receive a busy signal when the line is in use,  we receive a message that says, "The mailbox number that you are trying to reach is not in service. Goodbye." I went through several troubleshooting steps with customer service, chatting with a representative, and working with two Advanced Techs. I was told that an engineer will get back to me within 48 hours but that will be too late. After doing some digging, I came across a support message here in the forums that is exactly my same issue and was resolved by @ComcastMichael. I see that he's online, but I don't see a way to chat. @ComcastMichael, if there is a way that you can help me out tonight, I would be so grateful. Here is the thread I found that was ressolved.