Community Forum

Incoming Caller ID incorrect for multiple callers

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Incoming Caller ID incorrect for multiple callers

When I receive caller ID information for incoming calls the name that is displayed is the previous owner of the number and not the current person.  Most of the calls come from CenturyLink numbers. I've checked with CenturyLink and they state they have updated the caller ID information in their database.  I was told the only information sent when a call is placed is the phone number.  If the caller ID information is not correct, they said the database Comcast is using for name information is outdated or not updating as it should.  Most of the people whose number is incorrect have had it for over a year and their caller ID information was update when they received it.  Is there a step being missed during the caller ID information updates?  If so, how do we go about fixing this?  Most of the calls I deal with daily are now showing incorrect info.

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Incoming Caller ID incorrect for multiple call

Hi @CLM5094, thank you for posting your question to the Xfinity Forum. I'm not exactly sure what would cause this to happen, but I'd be more than happy to help have it resolved. Please send me a private message with your first and last name. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!