Community Forum

How to block one outgoing phone number

Regular Visitor

How to block one outgoing phone number

We have need of blocking a family member from dialing out a certain phone number. Is it possible to do this? If so, how? I do know how to block it as an incoming call. That's easy. Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: How to block one outgoing phone number

Hi gijoe95, thank you for reaching out and welcome to our forums.  Currently there isn't a way to block outgoing calls.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thank you.
Next question: why did Xfinity Connect phone app stop showing most 'Placed' calls? I am in need of monitoring outgoing calls from the residence mentioned in my first inquiry. I tried restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling.
Official Employee

Hi @gijoe95

If you select the Voice icon from the main menu and click the downward arrow on the right side of the VoiceMail header to toggle between Voicemail messages and Call Logs, are you able to see all of them there? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

6/29 response: Yes, I can do the toggling, but it doesn't solve the problem. On my desktop, I select email/envelope icon, then voice, then CALL HISTORY,  on right side I can toggle between Date, Missed, Placed, Answered, Ascending, Descending. Even as of today, the 'Placed' calls history stopped on 6/24/19. There is no history after 6/24. Before this date I was able to toggle just fine between the options and monitor safe phone use. On my cell phone, there is similar toggling attempts to no avail. The only IT contribution I can make to this problem is: 1. Suddenly, the features stopped for me (anyone else?) 2. Around 6/18/19 I explored Xfinity and turned off the Hotspot near the home, turned it back on a couple of days later thinking maybe that caused the problem. Apparently it had nothing to do with it because we STILL have no updated Call History. 

Thank you for your help....please keep working on this with me!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks for clarifying @gijoe95! I am definitely going to keep working on this for you to make sure I can help others who may have this problem as well. Since you have confirmed the steps I provided have not helped, I'll start to take a deeper look into this. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Regular Visitor

Please tell me why you need first and last name, and whose (I assist the senior citizen but my name is on the account as well)
Also, via phone Xfinity app there isn't an option to private message you when clicking on your name. This detail caused my hesitancy to send you my name. Another glitch?
Thank you.
Regular Contributor

@gijoe95 wrote:

6/29 response: Yes, I can do the toggling, but it doesn't solve the problem. On my desktop, I select email/envelope icon, then voice, then CALL HISTORY,  on right side I can toggle between Date, Missed, Placed, Answered, Ascending, Descending. Even as of today, the 'Placed' calls history stopped on 6/24/19. There is no history after 6/24. Before this date I was able to toggle just fine between the options and monitor safe phone use. On my cell phone, there is similar toggling attempts to no avail. The only IT contribution I can make to this problem is: 1. Suddenly, the features stopped for me (anyone else?) 2. Around 6/18/19 I explored Xfinity and turned off the Hotspot near the home, turned it back on a couple of days later thinking maybe that caused the problem. Apparently it had nothing to do with it because we STILL have no updated Call History. 

Thank you for your help....please keep working on this with me!

I can confirm that my log of outgoing calls stop around june 24th also.

New Poster

There appears to be something that happened on/around June 24th with the call history log. I just created my own thread (and made a call to the 800 number that lasted 40 minutes) because there are two calls I placed on June 24th that are not reflected in my call history log.

I do not use the Xfinity app, for what it's worth, only my laptop. I needed proof that I made those calls to present to my VA representative that I was looking for work. Upon my call to the 800 number, a gentleman in the billing department was able to confirm that I did make the phone calls in question but said he can't send me any type of confirmation.

So, just to recap because I'm longwinded, there appears to be some kind of problem that occured with phone call history on the 24th.

Regular Visitor

Thank you for confirming your experience. Maybe Xfinity will move more quickly to iron out this very inconvenient glitch.
Official Employee

Hi all, thank you for reaching out here and welcome to our forums.  There is a known issue with missing call logs on June 24th and our teams are working to resolve.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regular Visitor

It's 'as of June 24'. No placed call records since June 24. Thank you.
Official Employee

Hello, gijoe95.

I wanted to follow up with you. Are the calls still not being recorded? Thank you for your patience!

Official Employee

Hi there, gijoe95. 

I wanted to touch base before closing our your post. Did you have any other questions? 

Regular Visitor

No, thank you. Just glad the glitch is gone.
Official Employee

Awesome to hear! 

If you do need anything else, please feel free to reach out!

Have a great rest of your week!

Thank you for being a valued Comcast customer!