Community Forum

How do I activate my landline?

New Poster

How do I activate my landline?

A number of months ago I upgraded my service and was told that I now had the ability to connect a landline through my modem.  I never connected it until now and when I plug in to the modem I do not get a dial tone.  Is there something I need to do to activate the line?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How do I activate my landline?

1-855-652-3446 is the Activation number.

But you also have to have Xfinity voice on your service if not you need to order it first.

Valued Contributor

There are 2 phone line connections on the back of the modem.  Be sure to try both of them to determine which one is active.

Is the Tel1 light on the front of the modem lit up?

New Poster

I have the same problem! Did you figure out how to activate?

Expert

dreza192 wrote:

I have the same problem! Did you figure out how to activate?

Did you activate the device as stated in message #2 above?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I plugged the cord into phone 1on the back of the modem.
I plugged the other end to the box my phone is placed to charge it!
Does it have to charge. Will if affect my tv if I did the connection wrong?
Only one light on the modern is blinking?
New Poster

There is only one light blinking on the modem, now?
New Poster

We transferred from ATT to xfinity for our landline. No dial tone, but get notice of phone call on my cell. Also my husband not able to access his yahoo email. Is that connected to xfinity service?