Community Forum

Home phone goes to voicemail

Highlighted
New Poster

Home phone goes to voicemail

Hello,

I’ve already had a tech come out when my phone was going to voicemail, not having a dial tone, etc. This has occurred since I got the home phone about a month ago. It worked for a short time and is exhibiting the same problems. Now the phone will either ring a few times or none at all, will go straight to voicemail, and will sometimes not make calls. This is a concern since my mom and elderly grandma need the phone as a necessity.
New Poster

Re: Home phone goes to voicemail

I have the same problem. My phone works only when connected directly to modem. Otherwise, if I'm using a different phone jack I can make only outgoing calls. All incoming calls are going directly to voicemail, and actially I can't see missimg calls, or get the voicemails that people are leaving.The phone doesn't make any dial tones or either recording. It's so frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Home phone goes to voicemail

"My phone works only when connected directly to modem. "

Well, that's a dead giveaway that something is either wrong with your home wiring or you have a device connected somewhere on your home wiring that you forgot about.

I had an issue with incoming calls NOT going to voicemail as they should have after 4 rings. Turned out that I had forgotten about a multi-function printer (with fax) that was answering the phone line before the Comcast system could pick up and send the call to voicemail. After turning off the auto-answer function in the printer, everything worked properly.

Anyway, if your system works correctly with the phone connected directly to the modem but has issues when connected to a phone jack, you know the problem is inside your home wiring somewhere.