Community Forum

Comcast Please Give Us A Whitelist Phone Function

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Please Give Us A Whitelist Phone Function

I have looked at some of the requests in this forum for a Whitelist functionality for incoming phone calls, and I find that usually the qualified Comcast expert responses do not recognize what is being asked for. So to be clear, the following would improve the lives of your customers (who have your phone service) very very much:

Like the call screening/blocking numbers that the customer can already maintain online, we would like a Whitelist of numbers we can input and from which we do want incoming calls to ring for us. 100? 200 numbers we can store? It is just data, but if storage is deemed an issue, I'm sure many of us would settle for 50 numbers...

If somebody calls who is not on our Whitelist, a voice message made by the customer would play - or even a kindly worded Comcast message - explaining that the customer does not receive calls not on their list, but via a method ("press zero now," or even "press a 1 followed by a 2 now"), the caller could ring through.

That would block almost all spam/robo-calls. And for people who do need to call us (and people with unidentified numbers), they could still ring through.

This would be a fantastic Comcast feature, and if there is some sort of business reason that it would not behoove Comcast to develop it (actually does exist, at least via substandard gizmos you can buy), if a Comcast rep could tell us why not, that would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Please Give Us A Whitelist Phone Function

Hi com-forum-apple, thank you for the post and the suggestion, I will send this up to our teams to review this feature.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Please Give Us A Whitelist Phone Funct

Thanks. I hope they go for it! I'm sure lots of customers would love it.

Official Employee

No problem at all, enjoy your weekend!

Frequent Visitor

I would suggest a variation:

Every call not on the whitelist goes to voicemail after 3 rings.

If voicemail is left, notify on TV too.

Very few spammers leave voicemail.

This also has the virtue that callers don't know they have been screened by a whitelist.

If Comcast implemented the prior suggestion of allowing callers to ring through, it could be defeated by a robo-call and given the size of Comcast probably worth the time for the robo-callers to implement.

Ideally we could upload the whitelist from a .csv or something similar.

Please and thanks,

fxop

New Poster

It appears that Comcast still does not have this feature.  AT&T has this feature and it looks like I am going to switch back to AT&T after 1 day with Comcast because of the lack of this feature.