Community Forum

Change outgoing caller ID

New Poster

Change outgoing caller ID

Is there a way to change my outgoing caller ID?

I want to be able to spoof my outgoing caller ID to my old number

That I use through google voice.  I'd lke to be able to use xfinity as my outgoing call

provider since I'm paying for it anyway..  but I want it to show my google voice number when I make outgoing calls when I want it to show that info (it's blocked most of the time)

Problem Solver

Re: Change outgoing caller ID

You should be able to change your Caller ID to what you want.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Official Employee

jbuszkie, so you want the number that is showing as calling to show your Google Voice number but actually have the Comcast line place the call?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

ComcastKenF, 

Yes.. That's exactly what I want. 

Official Employee

Ah I see. There isn't a way to change the number placing the call--the closest thing I can think for that is masking the call with *67. Otherwise, the caller ID will show the number placing the call. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Bummer...

Official Employee

jbuszkie, I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for you.  Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us at any time if you need assistance again in the future. We are always here to help.