Community Forum

Cell phone also ring when Comcast home phone rings

Regular Visitor

Cell phone also ring when Comcast home phone rings

When a call is coming in for my Comcast home phone, my cell phone rings.  My wife has same type of cell phone and it doesn't ring on hers. Any ideas why?

New Poster

Re: Cell phone also ring when Comcast home phone r

I what to take my un forwarding my house phone from my cell phone
Expert

You probably have Call Forwarding enabled for your line. You can edit your settings on this page:

https://connect.xfinity.com/voice/settings/callforwarding

(requires XFINITY account login)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Deleted all call forwarding on home phone. Cell phone still rings when incoming  call comes in on home phone. I think I'll call Samsung and see if they can help.

Official Employee

Hi @atippin11

Were you able to get this resolved? If not I can review your account to see if I'm able to assist you. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours?

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @atippin11

I hope you were able to get assistance. I am closing this thread if you are still having the problem with your cell phone and home phone ringing at the same time, please send me a private message and I can investigate. Thanks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Finally figured it out. Just unchecked the comcast mobility option.