Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Can I change my phone number ?

Contributor

Can I change my phone number ?

My cell phone is a local call from work and my Vonage home phone number was a local call from work.  I switched to CDV from Vonage.  Comcastsaid I could not port my Vonage phone number.  The number Comcast gave me is la ong distance to call home from work.  Can I get a different phone number so that I can call from work to home (CDV) and have it be local ?

New Poster

Re: Can I change my phone number ?

boy friends family giving my numbers to people asking for them all day

Problem Solver

We also have:

Anonymous Call Rejection blocks all incoming calls from people who have deliberately blocked their caller ID, either using the Caller ID Block per Call feature (*67) or the Caller ID Block per Line feature.  Typically, their caller ID would show as “Anonymous,” “Private,” or “Private Caller.”  Those inbound callers will instead hear a message that the customer does not want to receive a call from any party that has blocked their caller ID.

Anonymous Call Rejection will not Block any call where the caller ID information is not reported or is incomplete.  For example, calls that either display “Unknown,” just the city and/or state, or just the telephone number are all permitted to ring through.

Anonymous Call Rejection can be turned on or off from either the home telephone using *77 and *87, through the Digital Voice Center (DVC) or the voice tab in Xfinity connect.

Please let me know if you require more assistance.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

harleys_girl1--

We can change your phone number and make it non listed where you can not be found through an operator and also make your number non published where you are not listed in the phonebook. There are fees associated with the set up and cost per month. Is this something that you are interested in having?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Contributor

My original post was over 3.5 years ago!  In the past 3.5 years my company has changed it's poilicy to allow us to make long distance calls so this is no longer an issue for me.