Community Forum

Calls missing from "Placed Call" history?

New Poster

Calls missing from "Placed Call" history?

Hello,

I had to look in my call history log online today for two calls I placed from my home phone on June 24th - one to RI and one to NH right after; oddly, those two specific calls are missing from the call log. I had called the RI number on June 22nd and that is showing in the call log. I received a call from the NH number on June 26th and that is also showing in the call log.  It is only the two calls I placed on the 24th that are missing.

I just made a call to the Comcast 800 number and spoke to a lovely guy who helped as much as he could and then he transferred me to another lovely guy in billing, named Andrew, who assisted me. After going over some information, Andrew was able to see that I made those two specific calls on June 24th - the RI number at 5:54pm and the NH number at 5:59pm.

All that being said, Andrew said he is unable to send me any type of confirmation that those calls were made. I was looking to screen shot proof that I called these two numbers because they were for a job position I'd applied for, and my VA representative was looking for "proof" that I made these calls. Of course, these phone calls are bizarrely missing from my placed call history. 

Andrew suggested waiting until my billing cycle ends on the 16th to see if the calls show up in the log. I will do that but am not sure it would be helpful since the call I placed on the 22nd is already showing up and the call I received on the 26th is as well.

Long story even longer...I guess I'm just wondering if there would be any reason for certain calls to NOT show up in the call history log? There is no way to delete calls from the call history log, so there is no possibility that I somehow accidentally deleted them.

Apologies for the novel-length post. Being short and sweet isn't my strong suit.

Thanks in advance to anyone that read this and may reply.

Official Employee

Re: Calls missing from "Placed Call" history?

Hello, wndawmn666! Thank you for reaching out to us! Do you see those calls in the logs of the physical phone? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Calls missing from "Placed Call" his

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. The only calls that my phone logs are my incoming calls. I currently use just a basic cordless landline. These are not calls made on a cell phone.

I have been trying to access my call history through the billing page but the connection just times out and says, "Problem loading page". I'm talking about the "View Call Log" link that is on the right side of the billing section of my account.  I thought maybe I could see the calls that way but, no such luck.

Also, I downloaded the Xfinity app to a cell phone to see if the call history log was any different there but it's the same as on my laptop. Neither of the calls are showing from the 24th.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@wndawmn666 - Thank you for letting me know! I was able to confirm, we do have a known issue with missing logs for June 24-June 26 that we are currently investigating. As soon as I get an update - I will let you know. My apologies for the inconvenience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you so much for looking into the issue and letting me know that Comcast itself is experiencing a problem with call logs for those dates.

Have a great day.

Kindly,

Melissa

Official Employee

@wndawmn666 - My apologies for the inconvenience. This is an official forum (as well as I'm an official Comcast employee), maybe you could do a screenshot of this thread and send it to your VA representative? I feel sorry that it happened at a very important date for you. 

New Poster

Thank you so much. I will, indeed, screen shot this conversation and also let my VA rep know about the conversation I had with the two phone representatives earlier today. Between Andrew being able to confirm the calls do exist, and you informing me that it's an issue on Comcast's end, I think that will be sufficient.  If it's not, there is nothing I more I can do for them to prove the calls were made. Maybe this is a sign from the Universe that it's time for me to start using a cell phone. Haha.

Again, thank you for your time and assistance in looking into the issue. I really appreciate it.

Have a great night and a safe/happy 4th of July.

Kindly,

Melissa

Official Employee

@wndawmn666 - Please feel free to let me know if the VA rep requests any additional information from us. 

Thank you so much for the kind words! Happy Holiday!!!

Official Employee

Hello!

The issue has been completely resolved and all calls should now be available in call logs (except 6/24 - 6/26 dates). 

Thank you!