Community Forum

Calls go directly to voice

New Poster

Calls go directly to voice

I have comcast coming Tues, but trying to fix or figure out why calls are going directly to voice and phone does not ring.  Why?

Problem Solver

Re: Calls go directly to voice

@pennymarg wrote:

I have comcast coming Tues, but trying to fix or figure out why calls are going directly to voice and phone does not ring.  Why?

Most likely the settings you have for how many rings before it answers.

Official Employee

Can you call out? What do the lights on your modem look like?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having the same problem since I moved my equipment to a new entertainment center.  Plugging landline into wall-no dial tone.  Plugging into the slot on the router I had beeen. using gives me the dial tone but phone no longer rings it goes straight to voicemail. Only found out about this while watching television and a call came in with the notification on the television.

Official Employee

Hello, Mfarrell409. Thanks for reaching out to us. I apologize to hear you are getting your calls. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, Mfarrell409. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.