Community Forum

Caller id is not showing up on TV.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller id is not showing up on TV.

A supervisor from the Comcast Tech desk called me after about (1) week...He was able to input the proper code and the problem was resolved...
Regular Visitor

Thanks for letting me know what happened. Mine came back up tonight...don't know what the problem was.

New Poster

I wrote a couple of weeks ago. It is great that some folks had called Id work iinitially. I have endlessly tried, and called customer service
and I HAVE NEVER HAD IT WORK !! Every rep says 24-48 hours but I have never seen it on my PC or tv in Washington, DC area. ,just about ready to head back to satellite. They need to stop advertising this option when it me never works.
Regular Visitor

Thought UT was the X1 after 5 tech visits X1  is now working but still no caller ID on main TV (works in bedroom) About fed up with Comcast Tech Support (or lack of it).

New Poster

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying

I have the same problem caller Id does not show up on tv How do i fix this problem

New Poster

Mine was on and still not working now icon to check is gone.  Now what, I was on the phone for a hour and they do not know what to do!!

Regular Visitor

Mine suddenly started working again. NO rhyme or reason. Have gotten so used to it sure did miss it, too gosh darn (would not let me use the "bad" word dam) lazy to walk across the room to see who is calling LOL

New Poster

Re: onscreen display of incoming calls

hi i am trying to get my phone to come up on my tv inciming calls can you help me.

New Poster

how did you get it to work the caller id on the t.v screen

Frequent Visitor

Easy fix. Grab the cable coming into the house that Comcast provided. Get a pair of wire cutters and cut the cable. Then go into the house and call verizon or another telephone service provider in your area and get service with them. Just don't forget to return the equipment and hold onto the recipt after doing so because when they charge you for un-returned equipment, and they most certainly will you can take the receipt and show it to them and demand they take the bogus charges off the account. Face it Comcast sucks and instead of them changing the name to Xfinity they should have named it Com-C r a p because it would be more appropriate.

New Poster

tried that...still didn't work

New Poster

Re: itv - caller id stopped working

Same problem here too. Caller id quit displaying on tv screen What happened that so many are having the same problem?
Frequent Visitor

Re: itv - caller id stopped working

[QUOTE]Same problem here too. Caller id quit displaying on tv screen What happened that so many are having the same problem?[/QUOTE]

A little inside information that I found out that Com C R A P did not test the X1 system before releasing it to the public. Usually when they come out with a new product it is thourghly tested first. In this case no testing was done.

New Poster

Mine working again too after I unplugged and re-plugged in the modem.  

Regular Visitor

Just stopped working a few months ago. No one can figure it out. Just a crock of BS from Comcast - well actually from the outsourced to a contractor to a subcontractor to a basement call center in INDIA.

Is there ANYONE at Comcast that knows what they're doing?????

New Poster

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying names of persons using cell phones.

I cannot get the caller ID to come up on my TV screen.  I followed directions from Comcast and I do not have iTV or settings on myt Menu screen??  What can the problem be??  Please help! 

Most Valued Poster

We have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD box/dvr and recently something new showed up on the quick menu. We were not told anything had changed and I found it by accident last week.  l live in Northern Virginia and am on the Dale City cable system.

I found the interactive menu/ notifications on the menu. On screen Caller id is activated and turned . THere are other notifications on the list  but they say ‘coming soon’ so I assume that the caller id function is supposed to be working and its not. I have been waiting to get this feature so is there something I have to do to get it working?

Regular Visitor

Thought I'd add my voice on here since I am extremly frustrated along with everyone else. Just sent this to the tech that had responded to some users in this thread:

Regarding Support Ticket#: [redacted]

I'm hoping you can help since none of the seven customer support agents in the last 2 weeks have been able to help me (one had, finally, even escalted my issue to the "fix agents" [tier 2 support?] who were supposed to fix and contact me within 72 hours... 160 hours later and nothing! Contacted them back, level 1 support did a conference chat with level 2 support, and when they tried to re-provision, they kept getting an error message saying contact phone support! And still nothing...)

The issue(s); I recently upgraded to the X1 platform with triple play, but the tech did not provision my equiptment correctly so the Caller ID does not show up on my TV. No one at Xfinity/Comcast seems to know what to do to fix it. They can see that I should have the service, they can see that my box and/or modem is not provisioned correctly, but no one is actually fixing it!

Secondary issue is that none of the on-demand-movies that I save to favorites stay saved; they wind up being deleted anywhere from 1 to 24 hours after I have favorited them (these are the on-demand movies from HBO, Showtime, etc. TV Series that I favorited DO stay saved which makes no sense.)

This is extremly frustrating, especially considering that when I ordered the upgrade, I had to wait two weeks for the tech to come out, then he didn't show up for the appointment... TWICE! Had to call and complain to have someone else sent out to install the upgrade (so much for the two hour window gaurantee, more like two weeks plus an additonal two days!)

This has been the WORST customer service and customer experience I have ever had from any company ever! And I use to run tech support for AT&T, Wells Fargo, Philips Electronics, AVID/M-Audio and others...

Most Valued Poster

I actually have a cust svc success story.  I have not only been upset that the on screen caller id was not working BUT the fact that Comcast did NOT give any information in snail or email about on line DVR manager /HSN order with remote/ITV services being available where I am.  I have been waiting over a year for them to come to this area. I found the ITV menu item by accident and only caller id was turned on/available at this time.

Soooo.....I decided to use on line chat this week for the heck of it to see what I could find out about the on screen caller id. I want to adopt the rep I had. He was amazing. He asked me all the right questions,  checked  my settings and sent test messages to my tv that I could actually see. He worked on the phone and cable settings and got it all set up and had me test it with my cell phone. I could not have been happier. I have found  in the past with issues I have that on line chat works better than phone contact.  I realize these reps are off shore and their use of the English language when they type is somewhat odd but I find it kind of cute and they can be brilliant when it comes to technical issues if they take the time. You do need to be clear and concise with what the problem is and not ramble as I tend to do. I type up my issue to  make sure its what I want really to say and then paste it into the chat window.

The problem with my service was that the system was never fully provisioned for whatever reason and I will take that up with my local office next time I am up that way (its near me). I also want them to tell me why I was not informed that these new features were availalble now. I have not made any other changes to my service lately. I really want the X1 platform but not paying the extra bucks for it. Maybe some day they will give it to all premium triple play customers if they phase out the older platforms.

I wish these reps had id numbers that we could use to get the same one again. I am a happy camper for now at least...lol.

Terri

Regular Visitor

I too decided to use chat since phone calls to 7 different support agents were no help. The first chat session the guy clamed it was an outage since August 11th. I told him I'm pretty sure it's not but can he double check. He passed me off to another chat agent who said the same thing claiming they have no idea when it would be resolved. They then wanted me to confirm that they've resolved my issue for the day! I said NO, they didn't resolve the issue, that they're just using the excuse of an outage (for caller id!?) To make matters worse, with all their poking around in my account, they actually BROKE my voicemail system! So no voicemail doesn't work.

I got back on chat and got another agent explaining that the previous chat agents broke my voicemail and that wasn't even my original issue. She basically thrrew up her hands and passed me over to another agent who, within 10 seconds of looking at the notes on my account immediately passed me over to yet a 3rd support agent who is aparenty the "advanced new product" support agent (wish I would have been sent to her in the first place!)

This time, this third support agent immediately fixed the vociemail system, confirmed that there were NO outages that would affect my Caller ID, and tried reprovisioning my X1 box, but it failed. She said it wouldn't synchronize and wasn't sure why, so she had to give me to a supervisor and she promised this would be the last person I have to deal with since I have now been passed through a total of 10 support agents in the past week and a half!

The supervisor, by the name of Evangylene, said she would have to open a ticket for the back-end guys to work on this and gave me a tickect number starting with CR and that they would get to this within 72 hours. But I explained that's what the last phone agent from a week ago said and did. Evangylene climed that support agent did the ticket wrong (which is highly possible since she was kind of dumb.)

Anyway, 10 support agents and two open back-end tickets later, and I now have to wait [again] for 72 hours to see if they can fix my Caller ID... really REALLY frustrating.

Just might be time to file a report with the Federal Trade Commision as that's usually the only way to make things happen (I had to do that a decade ago with Pacbell who messed up my DSL at the time. By the way, the Better Business Bureau is useless. They have no authority and don't actually do anything other than collect complaints and issue a "rating". But the FTC actually takes action!) 

Most Valued Poster

Gen-

Guess I lucked out. The agent's name has flown out of my head. It started with an A and was Avalon or something close to that. This is not the first time I have been lucky with chat. Guess its the luck of the draw and that is SO WRONG. Every customer trouble should be handled right then and there and if they are not familiar then they can be replaced. Easy for me to say right? So sorry for your trouble.

When all else fails  (like it did when I got their Gateway modem that would not let me get to my bank website and it was documented  on Comcast website but no agent had a clue) I get in my car and drive 1.5 miles to the Comcast office and have little discussions there and  surprise.................RESOLUTION never fails. 

Terri

Regular Visitor

UPDATE: This Evangylene supervisor was on it; my Caller ID is now working! Or at least showing up on the TV with the name and number of who called (not sure if I was also supposed to be able to send the call to voicemail from the TV or not with the X1 platform?)

Either way, I'm happy it's working, but it shouldn't have taken 10 support agents to make it happen...

New Poster

Caller ID on our tv's does not work and has never worked. We pay a significant amount for cable each month and would like to have this feature. Can you please help us to get this working? I tried turning off and back on the caller id option in the interactive tv menu but that does not seem to work.

Thank you for your help!

New Poster

Re: onscreen display of incoming calls

After a power failure my caller ID does not appear on my screen anymore.  How do I get it back?

Regular Contributor

@compu-doc wrote:

Easy fix. Grab the cable coming into the house that Comcast provided. Get a pair of wire cutters and cut the cable. Then go into the house and call verizon or another telephone service provider in your area and get service with them. Just don't forget to return the equipment and hold onto the recipt after doing so because when they charge you for un-returned equipment, and they most certainly will you can take the receipt and show it to them and demand they take the bogus charges off the account. Face it Comcast sucks and instead of them changing the name to Xfinity they should have named it Com-C r a p because it would be more appropriate.

Dude I feel your pain and would very much like to get some other form of telephone service, but all that is available is VOIP, so I have to pay a ton when all I need is email and a small amount of web page information. If I drop my phone service, stuck on triple play for seven years, my internet and cable go to just under $150.

As much as a I abhore government and even want to puke at the thought of having it step in to solve any problems, I want them to do to the national ISPs what they did with the telephone company.  Bust em up and make them share their infrastructure so there could be fair competition which ALWAYS lowers costs and INCREASES value and service.  Given that internet is now so important in daily life, they should view it like they did phone service. Everyone should be able to afford it and have access to quality.  Comcast's attitude towards customers is evil and needs to be dealt with with a very large hammer.

New Poster

i got a new modem last week for my computer.  Since that time my caller ID does not show up on my tv screen.  What do I need to do?

Most Valued Poster

I hate to tell you this but the breakup of  AT&T did not do what the gov't intended in the long run. The newer  telcos were so greedy they had many customers using the same lines. This was mostly transparent because when the calls did not go through  on their  small new networks guess who carried and completed the calls? It was AT&T ...they were carrier of last resort per gov't edict and received nothing for it..  Gov't broke them up but still demanded that they carry all calls that failed but they sure never got the credit for it.  The customer thought they were getting such great service from  other carriers when in fact many of the calls ended up being carried by AT&T. 

Competition? Not really. Did the public seriously think that these newbies could build a  quality network nationwide practically over night that took AT&T 100+ years to build and perfect? They leased much  of their telco infrastructure from AT&T.  MCI was their biggest leasee for a long time . Share their infrastructure? You bet they did and much of it for free as carrier of last resort.

The new telcos could charge whatever they wanted  and raised  rates whenever they wished. AT&T could have easily undercut their prices but the FCC said they couldn't as AT&T was the only telco still regulated. This was all in the name of competition.. Customers thought they were on the new telcos lines and thumbing their nose at AT&T...NOT. Over time the newer telcos disappeared and  only companies who had already been in the telco business long before the break up and who knew the telco industry well survived and I include Spring and a couple more. The former baby bells  fared the best and guess what has been happening ? They have merged and bought each other out and one even took over AT&T. Count the number of telcos out there now. I have been laughing and saying one more merger and they could call it the Bell System.

Over the years as the new carriers built their own infrastructures they raised prices and in some cases service declined and I heard so many AT&T 'haters' yelling......BRING BACK THE BELL SYSTEM.

I  agree that there should be more options but once again its a matter of infrastructure and who was in the market area to begin with. . Verizon  and the few other former baby bells and Comcast or Cox  and their like can now compete heavily in many  markets  because one provided voice and one provided cable tv in the same geography and now offer same services. Of  course there is also satellite and AT&T has U verse in many markets. Bottom line its all about technology.  New technology allow cable/voice/internet to be carried on the same facilities so there is defiintely competition. Telcos can offer  tv and cable companies can offer voice...blah blah blah

Frankly I have had very little trouble with Comcast. If I don't like their service or pricing I can let Verizon FIOS chime in and in fact I did just that one year and Comcast won by a mile with pricing for same services.  I would not get satellite though.

We all have to do what we have to do.

New Poster

Do you get a bronze star for bilious rants, or can you also provide technical answers?

Most Valued Poster

You are very rude and that disrepectful comment was totally uncalled for. You need to be reported to Comcast forum admin.  Being Polite  is the  number one guideline of this forum and no insult (flaming ) is number 10 regardless of your personal feelings toward me. I have contributed a lot of good advice and tech answers over the years. If it makes you bilious may I suggest at Tums.

The ONLY reason I  felt I needed to say all that about AT&T (which used to have Comcast under its umbrella) was that it  disturbs me when the truth is distorted and its usually due to lack of knowledge. I have 30 years of AT&T knowledge.

Hope you feel better

@dadgum41 wrote:

Do you get a bronze star for bilious rants, or can you also provide technical answers?

New Poster

Same story, different user. Just moved x-country and subscribed for the Triple play option. Received the latest equipment release but have yet to get caller ID to display on any TV. Option is turned "on" in "preferences" and have tried turning it on and off but that failed to solve the problem. Any ideas what to try next? Thanks
New Poster

Looks like some folks got their issues fixed by posting on this forum previously.  Hoping that there is someone from Comcast out there that can solve my issue.  Caller ID has never worked since we signed up.  Please help.

New Poster

I got Xfinity two months ago and my caller ID has never worked.  I have it set up correctly on the computer and on my TV box.  Help?!

Frequent Visitor

Re: itv - caller id not working on TV

Caller ID is working on my PC but not on my TV. There is no selection on the menu screen for "itv". So followed these directions but there is no Caller ID or Notification to select.

To access the Caller IDmenu:

1. Press Menu.
  2. Navigate to ITV.
    • If ITV is not available, select Help & Settings and then scroll down to Caller ID.
  3. Select Caller ID or Notification.
New Poster

I've been having the same trouble for months, I just recently tried calling support and selected the TV option(#1). The tech said "I think the Internet department handles that." .... she thinks? Such terrible support on the phone lately.  Anyways, she wasn't able to help due to the system being down and she said they were just telling everyone to call back later. Mind you, this was after being on hold for 20 minutes.  It would have been nice to at least get a message saying you guys were having trouble with your system.

So, caller ID is enabled on my TV as is all the other options under ITV Notifications but not working. I give up.

Regular Visitor

Ours hasn't worked since it was installed....I tried calling and received every line in the book. If anyone ever gets it to work I'd like to know how as well.

Regular Visitor

I never got an answer from Comcast. Mine suddenly started working, but now it is random when it does.

New Poster

I called to say I am not getting caller id on my tv.  They said they would fix it from the office.  I still don't get it on my tv.  Can anyone tell me what to do to get it?

New Poster

I went to Help, I do not have Caller Id selection. I have no Itv icon either.  How do I get caller Id on my tv? Please help!!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

DOES ANYONE EVER ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ASKED HERE??? I NEVER GOT A REPLY AND DON'T SEE ANYONE ELSE GETTING ANSWERS?

Regular Visitor

how do i get the id caller back on the screen

New Poster

@Jayman73 wrote:

Let me start by saying that I have the caller id working on the TV for a year now, then my service was stopped for a late payment, but was only off for a few hours. Anyway when the service was restored my caller id on the TV was not working. I have put in 2 calls in the last week going through all the normal troubleshooting and they said they had to refresh my lines, and it is still not working. What can I do to get it working?

Regular Visitor

Caller ID not showing up on TV anymore

I used to get caller ID message on my three TV's, now it doesn't show up.  Tried resetting by unplugging for 1 min on each DVR several times and it still doesn't show up.  I get an ETV-2 error when I try to load the ITV menu.

Regular Visitor

Re: Caller ID not showing up on TV anymore

When I Signed up with Comcast Quite a few years ago They informed me I would receive Caller

I have called several times and they reply that they do not have it in my area yet.That was one of the

reasons I went with comcast. It seems that is false advertising.

Please Reply

Walter Keller

Regular Visitor

I had it on all 3 of my DVRs and then about a month ago it stoped displaying and I get the ETV-2 error when I try to open the ITV menu item.

New Poster

Re: Caller ID not is not working on TV

I've had my service for over a month and the caller id on the TV is not working.  When it was installed I was told it may take a few days to work.  Well it is over a a month it is not working.  I have tried to call customer service over twenty times.  After holding for over thirty minutes each time I give up.  I've had Comcast before and no problem with the caller id so it is availabe in my area.  I've going on the system to make sure the notification is on, I've reset everybox at least twice.   All I can do know is hope for some online help. 

Problem Solver

@wingman411 wrote:

I had it on all 3 of my DVRs and then about a month ago it stoped displaying and I get the ETV-2 error when I try to open the ITV menu item.

You need to call Customer service so they can open a ticket on a system error.

New Poster

@wrmclain wrote:

You need to call Customer service so they can open a ticket on a system error.

This seems to be a waste of time wrmclain....I have had 4 tickets issued in the past 2+ months and no one seems to do anything but close them tickets without even a phone call to me.  Really considering another option!

New Poster

can not get the universial caller id to show up on my tv

New Poster

yes

Regular Visitor

Caller I'd not working on tv

Caller I'd not working on tv