Community Forum

Caller id is not showing up on TV.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Caller id is not showing up on TV.

No one here on this community forum can fix your caller ID, but before you contact support, you must have a Motorola or Pace cable box and Comcast Triple Play.

Subscribers with Cisco and Scientific Atlanta boxes do not yet have this feature.

Regular Visitor

I have the Motorola box, still doesn't work

Diamond Problem Solver

Call it in.  The code for the caller ID needs to be added to your account.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller id is not showing up on pc since May 2012.

Have it on my tv, not on Computer.  Today I renewed my bill with Comcast and she said she "added" the caller id, which comes with the deal anyhow.  But that addition still didn't give me caller id on computer.  They are never going to fix it.  It will make me drop out of Comcast if anything else gets changed for the worse.  Hate the new email voice mail.  No where near what it used to be.  Slow and unnecessary.

New Poster

Re: No caller ID

Got a new DVR from Comcast and caller ID no longer shows on my TV screen. What do I need to do to get it restored?

New Poster

my caller id  is'nt working its not show up on my tv, it was cancelled for a couple of days and when it was reconnected my caller was not working anymore can you help me get it started again?

New Poster

same here we just got a new DVR after a month, and now the CALLER ID on the tv doesn't work... We have the motorola box and all.. how to fix it? or do we need to call it in because we have a new dvr? or just wait till it automatically shows up..

New Poster

Just to let all know,  I was not getting caller ID on my tv with HDMI.  I have Motorola box.  I called Comcast with problem two days ago in the evening and they had their techs work in externally.  The next day, caller ID showed up on our main tv with HDMI as well as all others.   It is working, at least for now.

Regular Visitor

@JosephKuhn wrote:

I've had this problem for months.  They are never going to fix it.  They just want to keep adding new things to everyones frustration and the heck with the old.

Time we changed carriers.

I see exactly what you mean! I STILL have the SAME PROBLEM. Nothing has changed, I've barely been acknowledged by the company. Once they have you roped into triple play with every bell and whistle we will NEVER need, they forget all about us.

New Poster

We have been having the same problems.

. Here are some of the comments we’ve received:

-The installer said it should start working at any time but never did.

-All I (the representative) has to do is program it and in five days it will work.

-When it didn’t, I was told it didn’t work with my receiver, which was listed wrong on my account. I have a Cisco RNG200N but for some reason it doesn’t show. This person put me on hold then hung up on me.

-Someone else told me to unplug the receivers and by noon the next day it would work.

-Another person told me I’d have to exchange my receivers for Motorola receivers and gave me the model numbers  (which I finally found out may actually be the truth).

-Another person told me that all she had to do was enter a code and it would work. She put me on hold, then came back and passed me along to someone else who put me on hold then never returned.

We’ve received several “apologizing for our issues” emails and phone calls.

The installer (who apparently doesn't know that the equipment much be compatible with services) installed the receiver (one of six) and told us the caller ID would show up at any time. We've had 3 installers, then 3 techs ( all of which complained about the way the previous one did the job ) and we're on our 3rd main receiver all in 3 months. My son's closet had about 25 feet of excess cable dangling around with many unnessesary junctions. It looked like a spider web. We finally have good phone service, Internet connection and television resolution - not thanks to Comcast.

But since I made sure about the CallerID before signing up and I'm paying around $250.00 for my services, I expect to get what I requested and pay for. When I had DirectTV and DishTV, I never had these problems. CallerID on the t.v. worked immediately.

Since I pay my bill but they don't live up to their end of the contract (providing me with the services I signed up for) that is breach of contract. Ask a widely-known cellular company about how that works.

Since Comcast won't deal with this situation, I'm being forced to take an alternate route.

New Poster

The techs came out to the house to install all 3, and the tv does not show caller ID. How do I fix this?

Frequent Visitor

Re: itv - caller id stopped working

can you tell me if called tv id is available in my area?

lebanon    nh

603   632-xxxx

New Poster

Some of your techs say yes and some say no.

New Poster

I had comcast in Kokomo and had triple play. The caller ID showed up on my TV and also if I was out of the house it would show who was calling my house land line.

We just moved and have transferd our comcast triple play and my caller id will not show up on the TV and or my cell phone. Can anyone tell me what to do. We called and talked to comcast but 24 hours later we still dont have these services.

New Poster

Help me with my caller id on tv. ive done everything i was told to do, not working. 

Regular Visitor

Re: onscreen display of incoming calls

I'm not sticking myself with a fork—I simply want Comcast to provide a service they claim to provide.

New Poster

May I ask what state your in? Im in IN and we had this service in Kokomo and worked great. Moved and had our comcast transfered to our new address in Noblesville and it will not work. Have been on phone to comcast for the last month and they say 24 hours it will be up and running well that was Nov 5 and today is Dec 16 and still not working. I guess I will be calling and telling them that they better get it fixed or i will be deducting from my bill.

New Poster

Re: TV - caller id stopped working

Noticed this problem awhile ago but didn't think much of it. My service was interrupted and since then I haven't seen the caller id on the TV? I used to have it and would love it back did all the steps in the previous replies. I pay for it right? I know its a little problem but please help fix. Thanks vealparm 

Frequent Visitor

This whole caller id thing is a joke. It never consistently works. I've had triple play for two years now, and I've lost count of the times it DIDN'T work. In other words, maybe two or three days at a time then it goes on the blink. I'm so tired of calling Comcast I've given up. I no longer expect it to work. And Comcast is constantly playing games with their signal, resetting things in their system, which inevitably leads to things not working. The latest snafu was last week when they "upgraded" their digital signal in the area (Portland OR), and in the middle of the night all my automatic record settings were erased! Small thanks for the fact that my already recorded programs were not erased from the box as well, but geesh! Starting to think about Dish or DirecTV since Comcast  has a monopoly in my area. I just can't waste any more time on this!

Regular Visitor

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying names of persons using cell phones

I'd be thrilled with that much. Mine shows nothing, this after a half hour chat with a pleasant young lady and several suggestions to recycle my DVR. I'm pretty sure Comcast has no clue what's wrong and no intention of fixing it. It's probably cheaper to keep these forums up and running than actually to troubleshoot this issue.

Regular Visitor

Let me first start with three months ago I got this great the to upgrade my service and my account since then it took two months to get my Internet phone and television all turned on at the same time it seemed like every time they turned one on they turn something off. After a number of phone calls and visits to my house they have finally got most of the working except for caller ID on television which I agree with some of the other people I don't think they really care if so not. Before I got this great so called great deal I'll of my programs were working. I am one of those who think that when you off something to a customer and they pay for it they should get a. But I can't even have the courtesy of him calling me and telling me that if I don't like it leave. One long-time customer that is not satisfied with my service.

New Poster

Don't have an ITV option to enable or disable my caller ID.  No inbound caller ID is displayed on my TV.  I hate to call them gain, it's taken almost 6 months to get my name correct on caller ID. ;-(

Any ideas?

New Poster

Only a handful of cable boxes will display the ID... comcast has a list on line. Go to your account, then to voice.

Regular Visitor

"Only a handful of cable boxes will display the ID... comcast has a list on line. Go to your account, then to voice."

Don't think so...unless I have two of them that used to work and suddenly quit. And the young lady I chatted with a few weeks ago—the one to whom I gave the cable box serial number—would have been able to tell me if I were one of the chosen. No, this is on Comcast—it's their screw-up and they obviously have no intention of (and probably no expertise in) fixing it.

Diamond Problem Solver

@monacog wrote:

Only a handful of cable boxes will display the ID... comcast has a list on line. Go to your account, then to voice.

I don't understand this statement either.  All Motorola boxes except the DCT2000 series, show the UCID on TV with a Triple Play.  That covers 80% of Comcast's systems.

New Poster

I have been fighting this problem for months.  Most recently this week and they always have the answer, but it never actually works!  Comcast's service reps are always courteous, etc. and seem to know what they are talking about; I just wish they would fix this!

Frequent Visitor

I have no caller ID anymore. 

Worked fine in my previous apartment - which is in the same building my new account is in. Same equipment. Options are checked in On Demand screen.  

Would like this feature to work.

New Poster

Re: caller id not working on tv

Our ID caller was working a few days ago and after just 1 day, quit.  How can we get it back

Frequent Visitor

Add me to the list as well. It worked one time for one day. Now it does not work
Frequent Visitor

You are absolutely correct. Some of the support people don't seem to know anything.  I don't have Caller's ID since I subscribed to Xfinity voice, even if it's available in our area.  Frustrating at best. They'll bill us in full for less than we subscribed for.  And if you're late in your payment Comcast will cut you off quickly.  Uncle Sam please protect consumers - this is not helping us.

Frequent Visitor

Seems like time for a class action lawsuit
We have enough people with the same issue.
I also have a tv remote a
That was updated today and still doesn't work
Typical Cocast
Frequent Visitor

Both my caller I'd and remote now work. Not sure what but thanks Joe and Comcast!
Frequent Visitor

You must be lucky.  But how, did Comcast visit your house?

New Poster

I just found out [by reading the manual] that I can have caller id on both my television and my computers.  How do I get this activated?  I have had my phone service through you for about a month, but I didn't know this feature existed, and want to utilize it.  thanks...

New Poster

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying anything when a phone call comes into our house

The regular phones display the caller id but nothing appears on any television screens.  Not sure whether it makes a difference whether or not it's a land line or cell phone.

Frequent Visitor

They did not visit my house. I plugged the box for 5 mi. Plugged it back in. I could then see the iTV icon but did not have the call I'd functionality. The next day it worked. No clue why.
Regular Contributor

One of our boxes have (had?) this capability, then a few months back, it simply stopped working.  I unplugged the box today for about five minutes, then plugged it back in.  The iTV menu showed Caller ID was turned on, but when I called the phone number, nothing appeared on the screen.

Is this something that will eventually correct itself??

Note that I also reset the cable modem prior to unplugging the box today, but the modem reset had no effect on the problem.

New Poster

I would like to have caller id show up on my tv.  What do I have to do?

Frequent Visitor

Wait 24 hours and try again
Regular Contributor

After I reset the box with iTV capability, the Caller ID started to appear again the next day.

Regular Visitor

Mine hasn't worked since August. It just stopped working on all tvs. Tried numerous times to rectify the issue with their technical department. They were incompetent, rude, would not tell me their names, kept me on hold for several minutes at a time and would not let me speak to a supervisor. I've just about had with comcast.
Regular Visitor

I tried that and turned the option "on" though it was never off. Still nothing on any of my 4 tvs
New Poster

ComcastVic,

Could you investigate our Caller ID as well?  It is not working on TV or Computer.

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

I upgraded and have caller ID on 2 of my TVs and Ipad but it is not working on the main set which is connected to a HD/DVR. The service is enabled via the remote menu notifications. If I call support I am sure they will tell me to disconnect and power down resetting the unit. Has anyone else been able to resolve this issue?
New Poster

Caller ID is not showing up on TV.

My Caller ID only worked for a couple of days when I first changed my service and it seems to stop working.....what should I do. By the way, it is on in the itv screen.

New Poster

Heres another one in Jax not working

Regular Visitor

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying

I had phone repair the other day - since then, my caller ID and my phone voice ID won;t work,

Can you co anything about either one, or both?

Frequent Visitor

My ID issue was finally resolved after a week and 2 calls from Comcast. The 2nd call was with a supervisor who indicated the problem was external in my neighborhood. This really makes no sense as the ID had been working on 2 other TV screens and with my PC and IPad. Regardless its is working fine now for whatever reason, likely due to a setting adjustment externally... Just keep calling until you get someone who can diagnose and repair.
New Poster

Regular Visitor

That is exactly what happened to me...did you ever get it resolved? I chatted with an online rep and called in and neither one knew what they were doing nor were they able to help me.