Community Forum

Caller id is not showing up on TV.

New Poster

Re: onscreen display of incoming calls

on my TV - it used to work

New Poster

Mine stopped working as well.  I followed the instructions that said to go to Menu/iTV/ and select the Universal Caller ID options, but other screen appears when I select iTV.  Was there an update that disabled it?

Regular Contributor

I suggest not wasting your time. I set up caller ID four or five times. It works about a month then stops. If it hurts every time you stick yourself with a fork,,,,,, stop sticking yourself with a fork.
Silver Problem Solver

there was a big outage with this last week.  comcast said to unplug your box to reset it and try again.  I have yet to do this but mine is not working either but has always worked never had an issue.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying

Caller id not working on computer either.  If I unplug the tv box as advised for a minute, will I lose all my tv & computer set ups?  You also said takes time after fixed? announcement is made?  Has there been an announcement.

Is this nationwide>

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying

I just called again and still get the automated message that the UCID outage is still in effect (I'm in SW burbs of Chicago). "Technicians are aware of the problem and working to restore as soon as possible." Been happening since Friday (maybe longer, that's when I noticed and called). Absolutely nothing with the iTV works at all. I am not rebooting anything since it doesn't work for area "outage" and will just make me lose my entire guide which always takes days instead of hours to reload for me. My phone CID works and I'm fortunate enough to have a talking system and I don't have to get up to look at my phone to know who's calling. I know having it displayed on the tv/computer is an "extra," but it's annoying to have features not work that are part of a package I pay a lot of money for.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Caller ID not working on TV

Hello,

There was an outage last week. Try unpluging your box to reset it and then give it some time and try again.

Contributor

Re: Caller id is not showing up on TV.

I'm in the Seattle Washington area, and UCID has been out for about 2 weeks.  The voice announcement that Comcast provides does not hold a whole lot of promise if their technicians have been working on the problem for 2 weeks and its still broke.

Frequent Visitor

I woke up this morning to find the iTV screen finally working again; don't know if CID is working or not yet b/c I haven't called from my cell to check. However, my entire guide was wiped out and showing "To Be Announced" for everything past 1pm. I am assuming a refresh signal was sent to my box during the night. Any time they do this I never get full programming after the guide finally restores. I used to get between 14 and 15 days of programming; now I only get about 7-9 days...this isn't the first time my guide has been wiped out in the middle of the night. Even when the guide finally fills back up, I still end up with a lot of "TBA" spread all throughout the programming. If it's not one thing with my service, it's another. I never have my voice/internet/cable all functioning properly at the same time. I also notice that I don't have very much in my On Demand section anymore. There are a lot more movies on the Xfinity App and website than in the On Demand section on the tv. I don't get it. Sorry for the rant, it's my birthday today and nothing's going right Smiley Happy

New Poster

I'm in Colorado and called Comcast again yesterday about CID still not working after 2 weeks. They do not have any idea how much longer it will be and "are working on it". It didn't sound very promising

New Poster

Mine has no interactive TV. My caller ID has been out for a month. Has worke well for years

Frequent Visitor

My CID is working again but my on screen program guide only gives 9 days of programming instead of 14 like it used to. It seems to me that Comcast employees actually view these posts or someone alerts them to issues we discuss because not too long after my detailed post on 6/5 (I believe), my cable box was reset in the middle of the night and the iTV menu began to work again the next day with the CID showing on my tv before the end of that day. Now if only I can get a full two weeks of programming again...Smiley Wink

For the most part, I'm very happy with my services and have had good experiences after the initial 10 months it took to get a working box in my home. It was worth it though because I kept getting $25 credits and free months of premium channels Smiley Happy

My advise is to be patient and courteous whenever dealing with customer service. I highly recommend the phone reps vs. online chat. Sometimes it takes multiple calls, but I've dealt with people that "talk" to me instead of responding with the generic jargon from their script. I log all my calls and sometimes it took four or five tries. I will never go back to AT&T"urd"!

Thank you Comcast technicians for finally repairing my Universal Caller ID in my area of IL without me having to lift a finger. Also, my appreciation goes out to the people in the forums that are experts and alert the appropriate personnel at Comcast when we, the customers, ask for help via posting here.

Good luck to any of you who have been without certain services for much longer than I and don't give up.

New Poster

MY CID is now working in Colorado. Nice to have it back on again to screen out all the unwanted calls!

New Poster

phone call notification shown on tv screen

I used to get a pop up letting me know who was calling me on my phone but now I don't get it anymore. Is there something I can do?

Regular Visitor

caller id

The caller id does not show up on the bottom of my tv screen even though it says in the menu it is turned on.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: caller id

try unplugging the box to reset it, then go to interactive services and make sure its on in there.  Also make sure that shop hsn works.

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID

Have lost my caller ID for over a week.  Today found it working on my new HDR tv in living room, but still not on the Motorola digital starter box tv or my laptop.  I used to get both of those, hadn't seen it on the new tv til today, but don't watch it as much in the livingroom as the den.  Can anyone tell us when we will get full caller ID back in Maryland.  My friend in Arnold  has no caller ID either.  I did recently install a phone with caller ID on it & was worried that was what cause the caller id to stop working except on the phone.  But the phone has a dark background and very hard to see the print on it.  Help soon please?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Caller ID

hello,

This is a customer to customer help forum. It is best you call comcast and ask them.

Frequent Visitor

I have called Comcast 3 times to no avail.  First one said I would have caller ID back in 48 hours, came and went.  Last one said it would be back in 24 hours and that they would call me last night at 6pm.  That never happened either.  Guess it's time to switch to Verizon.  All I get from Comcast are very low sounding, foreign

people who I can not hear & makes it much harder to understand with the foreign language too.  Way too time consuming and aggravating.  Wonder if I should try downloading cid and exit it and then reenter myself?  Also wonder if a new caller id phone could be causing the problem or even Adobe, as I had an update from them that I took, but it didn't take.  It said turn off caller id first, which I didn't need to do as it was already off apparently.  Can anyone possible understand and help us with this problem.  Too much aggrevation for us old folks.

Frequent Visitor

Also, my caller id icon doesn't work on my computer.

Regular Visitor

Re: caller id

I unplugged the dvr so it reset. Still no caller id on the tv. the function says it is on and i do get the interactive function on hsn. So what is up? any ideas?

New Poster

I had to laugh. The other night 1 (one) caller ID showed up. 1 (one) in over a month. Wierd isn't it. To bad we pay for having caller ID on our TV and do not get it. Come on Comcast. Get with the program. How can we tell who we want to talk to without it. I get so many political and advertisements on the phone each day that caller ID is very valuable.

New Poster

caller id not showing on tv

my caller id is not showing on my tv. it used to but not in the last 2 weeks.   

Contributor

Just to confirm that it will be 3 weeks tomorrow, and still no UCID.  The recorded messages regarding this problem was gone the last time I called to check on the status so I thought something had changed.... well I was wrong.  The word from my CSR was that they were still working on the problem.  What gives?  Verizon isn't much better for customer satisfaction either.  I think we've seen the end of customer service and are now suffering from the wrath of corporate greed. 

Frequent Visitor

I was finally able to get the ITV on my tv, which let me click it twice and the caller ID program showed up, from there it is a pretty easy set up, good luck.  Now if I can only get it on my computer again too.  Will try the Comcast help site again.  Think that is what fixed the ITV but can't be positive.  Good luck all.

Frequent Visitor

Also now my HDVR is showing an envelope which we think means there is a message on it, but haven't figured out where the message is.  Help, please.

Contributor

No problem in getting the iTV settings to appear or optioned.  The problems is no display when you get a call...duh!

Frequent Visitor

Still can't get any help from Comcast on line services for my computer caller ID.  I try downloading and it says I already have it running.  (On my tv maybe but sure not on the Computer.,)  It says I have to disable it & redo.  Don't want to take that chance as I may lose it on the tv again.  I have bragged too many years about how good Comcast 3 is, but now that my friend joined all 3, Comcast changed everything & I can't help myself much less her with this caller ID problem, or the new (yukky) voice mail neither of us can figure out.  Please Comcast fix this problem I've had to spend way too much valuable time on.

Frequent Visitor

Caller id ok on tv's now, but still not on computer.  The black modem box has only one light blinking now.  Think there used to be 2.  Does anyone know which how many lights should be blinking and why no caller id on computer,

Thanks for any help.

New Poster

Universal caller id no longer working

Our universal caller id is no longer working on our TV.  We think it has been an issue for at least a week now.  We have no changes to our caller id accounts up until today. The account has NOT been shut off, so there is no reason for anything to have to been reset.  Why has this service been stopped on our account?!  We are not happy with this change, nor do we understand why it has happened.

Regular Contributor

Re: Universal caller id no longer working

Hello,

Is anyone else still having this problem? Please know that you should unplug the power from all of your boxes for about 30 seconds and wait until next morning to check if the issue went away. Let me know if this still persist.

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Frequent Visitor

I have also been having this problem on my STBs for a couple of weeks now. I have been in touch with the

Corporate Escalations/Executive Support
Colorado/New Mexico Market

and they say that this is a known problem that is being worked on with no solution yet.

Frequent Visitor

I'm afraid to disconnect any boxes as may lose all that way.  I am only missing computer caller id only now.  People from Comcast keep telling me they will call me back in 24-48 hours for almost 2 weeks now.  So far only one has called back.  Had me check my Adobe acct. and told me to click it, it says Adobe still connected, but does not show ID on computer when I get phone calls.  She said leave that alone then & someone will call me in 48 hours.  Yeah, right.  Another long wait.  No phone calls, only the ones I make to Comcast.

Contributor

Going on 4 weeks with no caller ID function on TV.  No help from Customer support.  Not even an explanation from Comcast of why it stopped.  Have tried all the suggested remedies with no success. 

New Poster

Still having issues as well, unfortunately.

Been going on almost two months without this working, watching these forums for updates, seems like this will never actually work...

If someone has a free moment at Comcast, please take a look at my account for possible solutions as well, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Continuing to watch and wait....

Contributor

After numerous calls to Comcast, a solution that has worked every time surfaced.  Find yourself a customer service rep that will send out a service technician and let him ( or her )  look at the problem.  Once they see that the Caller ID doesn't work, they call "their in-house support number" and what do you know, the problem is found instantly.  Either the CSR's are not being giving the proper tools to do their job, are not trained sufficiently, or maybe I failed to communicate the problem correctly.  But it took the service technician less than 5 minutes to confirm that when someone calls my home the TV doesn't display the caller information on the TV screen.  He checked that the "On Demand" was functioning.  That the Caller ID interactive tv app, was loaded and that caller id was "ON".  Then he called that magic number and had the individual pull up my account and lo and behold, the code reguired for the caller id to function on my tv screens was missing.  Now why can't the regular CSR's avail themselves of this same resource.  I have made no less than 6 calls to Comcast over the past 3 weeks, that went from "We're working on it" to "Mine just started working at home 2 days ago, so your's should be working soon".  I'm told that even after todays revelation and fix, it will still be 24 to 48hrs, before everything gets updated working for me again.   Oh well...  

Just as an aside the last time I had a technician dispatched to the house was when I mistakenly thought that one of the channels I was unable to view, was one I subscribed to.  I called Comcast to enquire, and after "checking" my account I was informed that I should have that channel and a technician would be dispatched to check out the problem.  That technician came out the very next day and was on-site for less than 5 minutes, and after checking signal strength, and viewing the displayed message that the channel I was trying to view had to be subscribed to, called his "private" resource that confirmed I wasn't subscribed to view that channel.  Why the CSR couldn't have access to the same information.... don't know, but I bet it's not cheap to dispatch a service tech to a household only to have them come onsite and then call back to their in-house support group to resolve an issue that clearly was within the scope of the CSR.

Contributor

I"ve been having a caller ID problem since I swapped out DVRs.  The CSRs have tried everything, including powering down the box several times, to no avail (other than I lose the guide for 2-3 days, but that's another story).  A tech called me this AM and said to reboot the box yet again and it should work.  I did. It didn't. I told him I was going away for a week, he said he'd call in a week or so. I will NOT reset the box again..the guide takes 2-3 days to load (yup, that's the other story).  I'll do without, but I want a discount. I'm paying for CallerID and it should work.

Valued Contributor

I can't get mine to work on one box either. What do I need to do to get it to work?

Contributor

I spoke too soon on previous post.  It now day 4 since onsite visit and supposedly fix of onscreen caller ID... but it's it's still not working.  I have another appointment scheduled for this coming Saturday with Comcast, so we'll see.  The saga continues.

Contributor

A tech called today about the continuing problem, to no avail. He AGAIN wanted me to reboot the box...I told him NO, because this would be the 5th time, and the guide takes 36 hours to fill in.  He said, no problem, I'll get back to you.  So much for the CallerID on the TV, I guess. A Google search brings up many with the same problem, so it's something they should make their customers aware of, rather than wasting time having us reboot and go to the menu to turn on something that has been turned on over and over.

Contributor

Sure glad I'm one of "their most valued customers.... an Xfinity Insider!!!!"  or at least that's the BS I hear every time I call them.  I posted my first remark here about 1 week after everyone else had recovered from the nationwide problem this feature experienced.  It is exactly 1 month from 6.6.12 to today 7.6.12 and this feature is still not working, after numerous give it another 24hrs.... 72hrs..... 3 business days etc. 

Valued Contributor

they need to quit advertising it to us. They are spending more time trying to expand their offering rather than fixing the bugs in the current one.

Frequent Visitor

I totally agree.  Stop trying to keep up or be better than anyone else.  Concentrate on what made you a good and stable company.  Haven't had caller ID on my computer for about 6 weeks now.  Later computer got messed up when there was a Comcast outage, not due to a storm.  The only outage I remember in all the time I've had Comcast for many years.  Hate the new voice mail and its mail.  The old one was great. Please get the old things fixed that you messed up before going on to all the new stuff.  Driving your customers crazy.

Contributor

Here is an update to my CallerID issue.

After 3 weeks of booting, unbooting, checking the ITV thing on the menu, etc., tonight, I finally got a call from someone in advanced tech support who may have come up with the problem.  There is an app missing from my DCX 3400 Box.  He could not get the CID equipment to communicate with  my box, and discovered this was the reason. He also said that many of the DCX 3400 boxes have this problem, and the only way I could assuredly get CID was to exchange my box for an older model!!  I told him I was not about to give up the larger capacity of the 3400 just to get the foolish CID.  I've lived without it all these years, and if I want to know who's calling, I"ll look at the gd phone.  What kind of company would widely distribute a product they know is missing a component.  Crazy.

New Poster

Mine is not working either.  Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

Comcast used to be so great.  Now, a lot of incompetent people it seems that can't fix things they've broken.  They have even pulled the plug on me w/o saying goodbye,twice, and in the middle of supposedly helping me.

Left me hanging.  Where are their manners.  Guess I'll have to try another company like my friends have all done.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller id is not showing up on computer.

corrected to   caller id not showing up on computer as it did for years.  tv is fine.

New Poster

oh this is really frustrating...i had my comcast service put in on july 23   still no caller id...i called, they said it must be my phone...funny   i had caller id on this phone with century link...i told her why am i paying for something i'm not getting...i am soooooo frustrated....i have to screen my calls....this is ridiculous...where's magic jack..????

Frequent Visitor

I've had this problem for months.  They are never going to fix it.  They just want to keep adding new things to everyones frustration and the heck with the old.

Time we changed carriers.

Regular Visitor

I cant figure this out. My TV caller id has never worked. I signed up for my triple play around the end of last year. Perhaps longer then that, I seem to remember dropping my old phone-co last July. I didn't realize my tv should show the ID until reading through pages here at comcast.

I have set it up according to the instructions for my TV and my PC and it just will not work.

By the way, the website contains too much inconsistency-I almost never see the same page twice. I can never find answers to more difficult problems and have to call a CSR all the time. Your Reps are really awesome and I appreciate the fact that they speak intelligible english. However, I sometimes have to call two or three different ppl to find someone with a correct answer. Why bother being a high tech company if your website only makes a situation more confusing, unable to fix things, and/or not have enough information to fix the problems on our own.

Please check my account and see what might be wrong. Thanks.