Community Forum

Caller id is not showing up on TV.

New Poster

Re: Caller I'd not working on tv

I had he same problem as a new triple play customer. Seems it needs to be activated with customer support and there was a $5 activation fee to do it. I couldn't find that little tidbit of information anywhere. Rather a BS situation. I certainly met all the requirements so was surprised with that result. Seems like a scam
New Poster

I am dealing with this now.  I just started with Comcast this week, and the caller ID worked, until today. I was on the phone for 15 waiting, then thought I would try the internet.  So far, nothing. 

New Poster

I've been with Comcast for some time now. When Phone service was added, caller ID worked fine for awhile, then it was reduced to one ring only about a month ago. Suddenly there was no notification at all; just as suddenly the SINGLE RING notice on screen returned last week sometime. I don't know what the problem is, as I made no changes nor did I ask for ANY changes. I NEED at least the FOUR RINGS to register who may be calling/whether I know them or not by location etc. I WANT MY FOUR RING NOTIFICATION RETURNTED TO MY SCREEN PLEASE!?!? I pay dearly for the priveledge of Comcast Services I would appreciate them working properly, allowing me to use them.

THANK YOU! Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Silver Problem Solver

Sometimes I find turning the feature off, exiting to live tv, then going back and turning it back on then exiting back to live tv, to fix things.
New Poster

Doesn't work on my T.V. for some reason, wishful thinking I guess!!!!!!!!

@dholz4593 wrote:
Caller I'd not working on tv

New Poster

You can change that in your E-mail area where phone stuff is.

New Poster

@dtlp wrote:

I've been with Comcast for some time now. When Phone service was added, caller ID worked fine for awhile, then it was reduced to one ring only about a month ago. Suddenly there was no notification at all; just as suddenly the SINGLE RING notice on screen returned last week sometime. I don't know what the problem is, as I made no changes nor did I ask for ANY changes. I NEED at least the FOUR RINGS to register who may be calling/whether I know them or not by location etc. I WANT MY FOUR RING NOTIFICATION RETURNTED TO MY SCREEN PLEASE!?!? I pay dearly for the priveledge of Comcast Services I would appreciate them working properly, allowing me to use them.

THANK YOU! Smiley SadSmiley Sad

New Poster

My caller ID doesn't work on my T.V. any help appreciated! Smiley Sad

New Poster

Seems I had to unplug the boxes and disconnect from the tv for 60 seconds so the box can rest © with.the mothership. Once I did that, everything seems to be working. If all else fails, reboot.
Regular Visitor

I can not get it to work on my TV. When I use menu on the Comcast box remote, ITV does n ot show up. It works on my computor, and my tablet (altho on the tablet it shows up well after I have received the call. Not much use).

New Poster

For XFINITY Voice and XFINITY Internet Service Subscribers:

1. Go to www.xfinity.com.
  2. Select the Email icon.
  3. Enter your primary Comcast ID and password.
  4. Go to the Preferences tab, then select the VOICE icon.
  5. Select Call Forwarding and Rings.
  6. In the Send call to voice mail after field, select the number of rings you want before the call goes to voicemail.

For XFINITY Voice Subscribers with Voice 2go Activated:

1. Go to www.xfinity.com.
  2. Select the Email icon.
  3. Enter your primary Comcast ID and password.
  4. Go to the Preferences tab, then select the Voice icon.
  5. Select Advanced Call Forwarding.
  6. Clickon the pencil icon to edit the Ring Count.
  7. Click the drop-down menu next to Rings Before Voicemail.
  8. Select the number of rings you want before the call goes to voicemail.
  9. Click Save to save your changes,

Hope this helps!

New Poster

For Caller ID on TV

You will need:

• XFINITY TV – Digital Starter level of service or above.
  • A qualified Comcast-provided digital set-top box (please see the list of compatible set-top boxes below).
  • XFINITY Voice service.

For Caller ID on PC

You will need:

Note:Service is not available in all areas.Frequently Asked Questions: Links

Caller ID on TV

Caller ID on PC

Caller ID on Mobile Devices

Compatible Equipment

The following digital cable boxes are compatible with Caller ID:

Motorola High Definition (HD) Compatible Set-Top Boxes

• DCH 3200 SD/HD, All Digital, M-Card Host
  • DCT 5100 SD/HD, Analog/Digital
  • DCT 6200 SD/HD, Analog/Digital
  • DCX 3200 SD/HD, All Digital, M-Card Host
  • RNG150N (DCX3200 P2) SD/HD, All Digital, M-Card Host

Motorola HD Digital Video Recorders (DVRs)

• DCT 6208 HD, Analog/Digital, Single Tuner
  • DCT 6412 HD, Analog/Digital, Dual Tuner
  • DCT 3412 HD, All Digital, Dual Tuner
  • DCT 3416 HD, All Digital, Dual Tuner
  • DCH 6416 HD, Analog/Digital, Dual Tuner, M-Card Host
  • DCH 3416 HD, All Digital, Dual Tuner, M-Card Host
  • DCT 6416 HD, Analog/Digital, Dual Tuner
  • DCX3400 HD, All Digital, Dual Tuner, M-Card Host
  • RNG200N (DCX3501M) HD, All Digital, Dual Tuner, M-Card Host  

Motorola Standard Definition (SD) Set-Top Boxes

• DCT 700 SD, All Digital
  • DCT 2500 SD, Analog/Digital
  • DCH 70 SD, All Digital, M-Card Host
  • DCH 100 SD, All Digital, M-Card Host
  • DCT 2524

Pace/Cisco DVRs and Set-Top Boxes

• TDC 577X Vegas SD, All Digital, Dual Tuner DVR, M-Card Host
  • TDC 575D Vegas SD, All Digital, Dual Tuner DVR
  • RNG 110 HD, All Digital, M-Card Host
  • Pace RNG 110 with RF HD, All Digital, M-Card Host
  • RNG150N Only available in select trial markets
  • RNG200N Only available in select trial markets

Cisco/Scientific Atlanta Set-Top Boxes

• 2000/3000 SD, Analog/Digital
  • 2100/3100 SD, Analog/Digital
  • 2200/3200 SD, Analog/Digital
  • 3250 SD, Analog/Digital
  • 4250C SD, Analog/Digital M-Card Host
  • Cisco RNG 100 SD, All Digital, M-Card Host
  • 3100HD HD, Analog/Digital
  • 3250HD HD, Analog/Digital
  • 4250HDC HD, Analog/Digital, M-Card Host
  • Cisco RNG150 HD, All Digital, M-Card Host, Supports 3D Programming
  • Cisco RNG150N HD, All Digital, M-Card Host, Supports 3D Programming

Cisco/Scientific Atlanta DVRs

• 8010 SD DVR
  • 8300 SD, DVR
  • 8300C SD, Analog/Digital, Dual Tuner DVR, M-Card Host
  • 8010HD HD, DVR
  • 8300HD HD, Analog/Digital, Dual Tuner DVR
  • 8300HD-MR HD, DVR
  • 8300HDC HD, Analog/Digital, Dual Tuner DVR, M-Card Host
  • RNG 200 HD, All Digital, Dual Tuner DVR, M-Card Host, Supports 3D Programming
  • RNG 200N HD, All Digital, Dual Tuner DVR, M-Card Host, Supports 3D Programming

XFINITY TV on the X1 Platform DVRs and Set-Top Boxes

• Pace XG1 HD, DVR
  • Arris XG1 (XG1-M) HD, DVR
  • RNG150C P2 HD
  • RNG150N P2 HD  
Regular Contributor

Comcast Caller ID on TV

I have had Comcast for forever, have had Triple play for like 4 or 5 years, and have two phones lines. They charge an EXTRA $21.95 a month and they call it "2nd line with features", BOTH lines have displayed Caller ID on the TV since day one with triple play.  A few weeks all sorts of nonsense started on my account, Voice2Go quit working, web portal started displaying errors, Caller ID quit displaying on the TV, mysterious items began appearing on my bill, they couldn’t remove a retuned device, phantom setup message for voice mail and none of which the crackers jack could fix. 
Took two weeks and my call was escalated in the hierarchy of Comcast and as of 4-18-14 pretty much everything is working.  Working that is except for Caller ID on the TV.  Somewhere around day eight of the problem first developing Comcast informed me that I was nuts, that caller ID can't work for both line on the TV.  I protested and over the course of a few more days and speaking with an extra special expert cracker jack I was told it could only work on a single line.  Then in the same breath, this same tech said, "oh ya we could make it work" but our wiz-bang automatic provisioning audit checker would just deactivate it the 2nd line caller id on TV.  Well my problem with this comment is no one in Comcast even made any mention the marketing types thought it was good idea to punish those that buy a 2nd line with FEATURES and only well into fixing this problem did this anti-feature enhancement emerge, made no difference I had this for years… In closing COMCAST that company that promises everything, delivers little, and never ceases to AMAZE AND DISAPPOINT ME ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Regular Visitor

Re: Caller id is not showing up on TV.

Here is my nightmare with xfinity caller ID that I need to get off my chest:

It never had showed up on my TV previously.  When I upgraded to X1 3 weeks ago, I decided to pursue the issue.

1st call: I called April 14th around 10 AM.  they told me they would send a refresh signal to my box that would fix the issue.  Just give it 45 minutes to work.  4 hours later, no luck.

2nd call:  April 14th 3PM.  they told me the same thing.  Would resend the refresh.  Give it 45 minutes to work.  later that evening - no luck still.

3rd call:  April 15.  I told them not to send another refresh, that it must be something else.  The guy looked at my account and said "Oh yes, I see the issue.  There is a billing code not entered correctly on my account.  Billing can fix this for you.  He transfers me to billing (In California) who said they can't work on my account since I'm near Philly, Pa.  I need to call back.

4th call: April 15.  I speak to billing who said there is nothing wrong with my billing codes.  Will have to escalate back to technical support.

April 15th in the evening:  I see the caller ID appear for the very first time!!!  All is right in the caller ID world!

April  24th:  I receive an automated voice message from Comcast saying that caller ID is NOT available in my area (but it's working)???

April 24th:  I call back to see what they have to say.  They have no idea!

Comcast customer service is so terrible I just felt the need to rant about it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I do not have the caller ID on my TV either.  I set the Menu, Serttings, Preferences, Notifications, Caller ID Notifications to ON several days ago.  Still nothing shows on the TV when the phone rings.  Rather than trying to call, maybe an e-mail will work to Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

Been a Customer for 2 weeks after over 15 years with DTV....I see pluses and minuses for each service provider.  However a feature such as Caller ID  is not rocket science, or at least it should not be.  Called the TV side and was redirected to teh phone side.  Told they res4et box , but to call back if it was not working in a half an hour.   6 hours now and still no caller ID.  2 weeks away from my 30 day Money back guarantee.   I am hoping some tech sees this and takes the bull by the horns and fixes it for me.

Regular Visitor

I just added voice to our bundle last week, it was a hassle just getting to access voicemail,had to call customer service told I had to wait up to 72 hours?  Now I cant get caller id on tv. COMCAST keeps refreshing and im still waiting another 72 hours. Is this a magical number?

Contributor

Caller id stopped working. Called on May 2 and after 40 min, a ticket was written. It's May 9 and it still isn't fixed which seems to be the norm for Comcast.
New Poster

Mine either, caller I.D. is now voice activated phones, "Land lines" goes to answereing machind not comcast and no caller I.D. on T.V.!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: itv - caller id stopped working

We have had our comcast triple play for almost 5 months and can'g get the caller id to work, inot interactions and it say on, we have turned it off and on, but nothing.  What should we do?

New Poster

I have the same problem.  I called support and still don't have caller id.  Is there a solution out there other than to call the support group.  I tried that and didn't get anywhere.  I was hoping for a solution that didn't involve calling in.   I have X1 and have used the X1 portal to enable caller ID and have also enabled it on each box.  

Contributor

It's now May 13. Still waiting and still paying
New Poster

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying

caller id doesn't show who's calling 0n my phone. thank you...

Problem Solver

i see the same post here from most of you. have you all called BILLING DEPT to have the universal caller id code added to your account? if so is it still not working. this problem happened to me as well months back it something they keep screwing up when they sign up triple play with x1. it will on billing that you have it , but the actual code used to make it function is missing in billing. let me know if i can help further.

Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue, got the run around   asking me to call the TV support group, who told me to call the Telephone Support Group.  I call (emailed) corporate Service Manager.  Who was very responsive.  Took a couple of weeks to play telephone tag, but out of the blue it started working.  Worked for a little over a week.  I had to reset the receiver today...and now no Caller id AGAIN.

i AM IN MY 30 DAY PERIOD, AND cALLER id  AND THE FACT THAT IT SEEMS TO MISS THE LAST MINUTE OR TWO OF RECORDING PROGRAMS, IS CAUSING MY WIFE TO QUESTION WHETHER OR NOT SWITCHING FROM DIRECT tv WAS A GOOD THING OR NOT.

Problem Solver

@fwc joe i like the name do you live florida?

Regular Visitor

I have called Comcast support four times, each time a different answer, last conversation hard

to belive, is Comcast BS the customers?

Frequent Visitor

@gotpizza wrote:

i see the same post here from most of you. have you all called BILLING DEPT to have the universal caller id code added to your account? if so is it still not working. this problem happened to me as well months back it something they keep screwing up when they sign up triple play with x1. it will on billing that you have it , but the actual code used to make it function is missing in billing. let me know if i can help further.

I've browsed through all the posts in this forum and see that many persons are having the same problem I had when I signed up with Comcast about two weeks ago -- not seeing the Caller ID message on TV when a call comes in, even though they have set up for it to happen. I was in a chat with an online chat person about another matter and just incidentally mentioned my problem. She looked at something (probably the billing information you mention here) and said the code was not set properly and while I was still online she said she had entered the code and I would soon see the Caller ID message on TV. I was at work when I was doing the chat. About 3 hours later when I got home, a call came in and the message appeared on my TV.

So an alternative to calling the Billing Department might be to engage in an online chat and bring up the problem. I've had chat sessions on several matters and all of them turned out well.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, up in Tallahassee...and yes a member of FWC

Frequent Visitor

It has been working now for a bit...Guess they got it going!

Regular Visitor

How do I get the Caller Id to appear on my TV screen again?  It stopped appearing about 2 days ago. Tried interactive TV, but it just keeps loading and nothing happens. Please advise.

Frequent Visitor

LOL.  Mine worked once on one phone call but only after they left a voice message.  Answer I received from Commoncast 2 months ago was it is a nationwide issue and they're working on it.   I have never seen it display the phone number while the phone is ringing! 

New Poster

I never had caller id show up on my tv. Thought it would be nice as I did have it with cablevision. Yesterday i got a called & it popped up on my tv-i was glad but then it never happened again. How do i get it back to stay?

Expert

@mskiba53 wrote:

I never had caller id show up on my tv. Thought it would be nice as I did have it with cablevision. Yesterday i got a called & it popped up on my tv-i was glad but then it never happened again. How do i get it back to stay?

Call Comcast and ask them to ensure that "Caller-Id" is provisioned on your account.....  it's so simple but so many times it is overlooked.  SYstem maintenance clears out items that it thinks are not authorized.....

Good luck!

-=Geek=-

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

After months of it working, then not working I thought I'd chat them last night and make sure it was on my account. They said it was and then tried to pass me to someone to make sure the notification was set to "On" in my settings. I said forget it and disconnected. Long story short, this is a feature you should just forget about!

New Poster

no caller id. too many calls to comcast, can anybody PLEASE help me. im a new customer,and i CAN BE AN OLD ONE SOON. THANK YOU.

Frequent Visitor

still no joy in mudville

have not seen caller ID since the one aberrant left a voice message call a few months back.  Anytime Comcast.  Oh, and may we PLEASE have picture in picture and X1 box settings that are useful, pppppppppuuuuuuhhhhhhhhleeeeeeeeeeease?

me

Problem Solver

Re: still no joy in mudville

If you are looking for the caller id to show up on the x1 box this must be done. You must call the BILLING dept. Even though you may have caller id included on your account there is a code that needs to be added! It is a free rate code called "universal caller id"! Even though your package may say it is included, the separate code must be added! When they have added it you must ask them to provision everything! If it still is not working use the following procedure (which is for x1 service only)!

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/Anyroom-re-sync-procedure/td-p/2293131

Good luck!

Shane..

PS: when they tell you that it is on your plan, ask for a supervisor and explain what I am saying here!

Frequent Visitor

started a chat.  billing code correct.  tv set correctly.  something new to try.  I did NOT have this set.  We'll see if it helps.

SEE STEP 4

Rioma: Upon checking here I see here that the reason why we cannot active caller ID on TV is because the code for this feature is not added in your account. No worries I can transfer you to phone department so that they can add this in your account and after this follow this steps

Rioma: To successfully get started, you will need your Comcast ID and password prior to attempting set up.

Rioma: 1. Begin by accessing the web portal http://xfinity.com/profile on your computer, laptop or mobile device.

Rioma: 2. Log in using your Comcast ID and password.

Rioma: 3. Click the Settings tab.The Settings tab allows you to update your TV Notifications, Parental Controls, and TV App Settings.

Rioma: 4. To change your notifications on your TV, click the TV Notifications link. Move the slider next to each set-top box device left or right to turn individual notifications on or off for Caller ID on TV, Voicemail and Text Messages settings. The blue color indicates the setting is on, the gray color indicates the setting is off.

Rioma: 5. To manage Parental Controls, click the Parental Controls link and use the Reset button to reset the Locks PIN and Purchase PIN for each device on your account.

Rioma: 6. Choose to require a PIN when accessing the Voicemail and My Account apps by clicking the TV App Settings link and moving the slider next to each option left or right. The blue color indicates the setting is on, the gray color indicates the setting is off.

Rioma: Can I transfer you now?

Problem Solver

So they got the code added and works now?
Frequent Visitor

15 hours later - no joy

New Poster

comcast lists scientific atlantic and cisco as equipment that works

New Poster

Caller ID went out a month ago. I have called 5 times & I have spent  hours with them trying to resolve the issue. Got new updated modem, rebooted again & again, called again & again with no luck. Why dont they say, we have a systems problem & give me a bill credit. No caller ID isn't going to kill me, but that was included in their service plan. Operators try to help but still no luck. Management should step forward & make bill adjustments to all those effected. You are wasteing your resources & all of your costumers time & patience. I'm ready to jump ship to another service carrier. Costumer loyality is only as good as the services rendured

Problem Solver

@pablocruze wrote:

Caller ID went out a month ago. I have called 5 times & I have spent  hours with them trying to resolve the issue. Got new updated modem, rebooted again & again, called again & again with no luck. Why dont they say, we have a systems problem & give me a bill credit. No caller ID isn't going to kill me, but that was included in their service plan. Operators try to help but still no luck. Management should step forward & make bill adjustments to all those effected. You are wasteing your resources & all of your costumers time & patience. I'm ready to jump ship to another service carrier. Costumer loyality is only as good as the services rendured

where is the caler id not showing up? the tv or the phone?

New Poster

gotpizza read the whole entry, top of page, re:caller id not showing up on TV dah! Dont bother answer I wouldn't be looking up this site again. Only want system to do what it did for months up to 9/3/14.

Problem Solver

@pablocruze wrote:

gotpizza read the whole entry, top of page, re:caller id not showing up on TV dah! Dont bother answer I wouldn't be looking up this site again. Only want system to do what it did for months up to 9/3/14.

I will answer anyways. The reason the question asked is because you mentioned your modem be changed out. The caller on your tv has nothing to do with a modem. Either the rate code was taken off or the rate code is not provision right.

If you went to a new promo package, some cs agents assume that the package itself will make the caller id work. It is simply not the case, "universal caller Id" must be added as a separate rate code.

I will take your anger, and hope that I've made this more clear.

New Poster

I am going to try to call for the 5th time( after being promised by 4 different people that they would fix the matter) and ask for a 10% refund to retroactive back to beginning of service because it never worked for us. If everyone who had this problem requested a refund, perhaps they would fix it immediately. I hope other people who have this problem and read this also request a refund. Good luck!
Frequent Visitor

We just upgraded our modem to the Wireless Gateway.  had problems installing and had to call for help twice.  We have no caller ID since upgrading even though we mentioned it to the technicians.  Funny thing though, the incoming call will ring, but no caller ID on TV, but when my family member who has Comcast calls, her caller ID shows up but won't ring, she says it goes directly to voicemail.  This is very frustrating!!!  I think I have to call again, but I am getting tired of being on the phone about this so much.  I am tempted to reinstall my old outdated modem because I had no problems (I could still get WIFI even without the new modem.)

Problem Solver

@annakiss wrote:

We just upgraded our modem to the Wireless Gateway.  had problems installing and had to call for help twice.  We have no caller ID since upgrading even though we mentioned it to the technicians.  Funny thing though, the incoming call will ring, but no caller ID on TV, but when my family member who has Comcast calls, her caller ID shows up but won't ring, she says it goes directly to voicemail.  This is very frustrating!!!  I think I have to call again, but I am getting tired of being on the phone about this so much.  I am tempted to reinstall my old outdated modem because I had no problems (I could still get WIFI even without the new modem.)

The gateway has nothing to do with the caller id on tv. read above in this thread on how to fix it.

New Poster

we transferred my account to a new residence and the the caller id does not show up on the tv