Community Forum

Caller ID says "Unknown Name"

Regular Visitor

Caller ID says "Unknown Name"

I have had my phones for years. and caller ID has never been an issue in the past.  I have noticed lately that every single caller ID says "Unknown Name" both on the phone itself and when it pops up on the TV.  I do not answer the phone unless I recognize the name or number, so I thought maybe they were all robocalls or solicitors....until two nights ago when my mother called and it said "Unknown Name".  Today I tested with my cell phone and it came up "Unknown Name".  I did two things to troubleshoot:  I reset my modem (no luck), I unplugged my phone for ~2-3 minutes and plugged it back in again (also, no luck).  Can someone tell me what I can do to get the Caller ID back online again?

Official Employee

Re: Caller ID says "Unknown Name"

PMorrison20, welcome to the forums! I would be happy to help out with the caller ID issues, this is a strange issue! Let's troubleshoot from the account directly so that I can open a ticket if needed. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Caller ID says "Unknown Name"

PMorrison20, I'm glad everything is working now! Just to recap, we had to add the Caller ID feature to your services. Please let us know if we can help out again! I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!