Community Forum

Caller ID Changing the Time on My Home Phone

Regular Contributor

Caller ID Changing the Time on My Home Phone

I had this problem once before, probably 2 years or so ago. It took a few days for Comcast to figure out the problem.

Anyway, the time stamp that is sent with the Comcast caller ID system (each time a call comes in) is changing the time on my phone to the wrong time. I noticed today that the time displayed on my phone was about 15 minutes slow. So, I manually reset the time on my phone to the correct time. Then I called my home phone from my cell and the time on my phone was automatically and instantly changed to 15 minutes earlier! This becomes an issue because I still use the local voice mail recording system on my home phone. This means that anytime someone calls to leave a message, the incorrect time stamp is left with the message!

Note: This is the way my home phone is supposed to work according to the owner's manual. It is designed to set the time on my phone in accordance with the time stamp of the caller ID system (if one is being used).

Therefore, I believe there is an issue with the phone server (or whatever) that is servicing my home phone.

I'm hoping that I can get this resolved via a Comcast rep here in the Forum, versus needing to place a call to the 800 number. I've had pretty good success in getting internet issues resolved this way, so I'm hoping...

Regular Contributor

Re: Caller ID Changing the Time on My Home Phone

Problem was resolved by doing a modem reset. Would've never guessed that...

Official Employee Digital Care

Re: Caller ID Changing the Time on My Home Phone

Hi @g-hodgson,  We apologize for the experience you were having with your caller ID. Thank you for letting us know your issue was resolved by resetting your modem.  If you need any assistance in the future, feel free to contact us. We'd be happy to help however we can. Thanks for being a valued customer. Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!