Community Forum

Call forwarding to mobile phone (Connect App)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Call forwarding to mobile phone (Connect App)

It seems that call forwarding to a mobile phone only works when the Connect app on the mobile phone is open. Just tested this on my phone and when the Connect App is open my cell phone rings. That’s unrealistic. I typically do not have the Connect App open yet I do want to receive forwarded calls.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Dieter

Frequent Visitor

Re: Call forwarding to mobile phone (Connect App)

Xfinity customer support today confirmed that the Connect has to be open in order to receive phone calls that are forwarded to a mobile phone (Advanced Call Forwarding / Simultaneous Ring). This does not make sense to me. How do I know ahead of time to open the Connect app before a call comes in?

Expert

Why don't you just enable simultaneous ring for your home phone directly to your cell phone?

Go to https://connect.xfinity.com/voice/settings/callforwarding (requires XFINITY account logon) and add your cell phone number to the list. Make sure to adjust the number of rings to make sure the  number with the least amount of rings will pick up with voicemail. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@darkangelic wrote:

Why don't you just enable simultaneous ring for your home phone directly to your cell phone?

Go to https://connect.xfinity.com/voice/settings/callforwarding (requires XFINITY account logon) and add your cell phone number to the list. Make sure to adjust the number of rings to make sure the  number with the least amount of rings will pick up with voicemail. 

That is ERXACTLY what I am doing. It only works when the Connect app on my iPhone is open. Xfinity support confirms this behavior.

Expert

@kdreuther wrote:

@darkangelic wrote:

That is ERXACTLY what I am doing. It only works when the Connect app on my iPhone is open. Xfinity support confirms this behavior.

Well, I'm doing EXACTLY the same thing I mentioned and my cell phone rings at the same time my XFINITY Voice phone rings. Mind you, this is the same cell that the Connect App is installed on.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

iOS or Android? Which iPhone? I have an iPhone 6s and it only simul-rings when the Connect app (latest version) is open. 

Xfinity support confirms this as the current Connect app behavior.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity confirmed that Advanced Forwarding (Simultaneous Ring) does not work on the iPhone without the Connect app being open.  It is not a priority for them to fix this right now. What does work is regular forwarding where calls are forwarded to the iPhone ignoring the Connect app. That is all I need. They helped me with setup and I am all set.