Community Forum

Call blocking

New Poster

Call blocking

Can I block a number immediately after they make the call to me

Frequent Visitor

Re: Call blocking

nomorob helps some - but i still get lots of calls.  Comcast needs to add easy feature on mobile app (connect) to block a number directly from the app.  ALSO, comcast currenlty limits number of *60 blocks to 25 numbers - ridiculusly low , and hard to modifiy.  A cell phone has many more ways to easily block AND REPORT robocalls.   I get hunderds of "lower my interest rate" calls a month.

Frequent Visitor

nomorob helps some - but i still get lots of calls.  Comcast needs to add easy feature on mobile app (connect) to block a number directly from the app.  ALSO, comcast currenlty limits number of *60 blocks to 25 numbers - ridiculusly low , and hard to modifiy.  A cell phone has many more ways to easily block AND REPORT robocalls.   I get hunderds of "lower my interest rate" calls a month.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Is there a fee for call blocking on my land line?

Official Employee

Hello @robert755, thanks for reaching out and no there is no cost for blocking! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

No, not answered

Contributor

Bunny4613,

I think what you're asking about is what Comcast, in their infinite wisdom, calls 'Call Screening'.

Take a look at the link below, especially the section labeled "Manage Call Screening from Your Home Phone".

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/call-screening

Let me know if that helps.

Frequent Visitor

The problem with call screening is it is limited to 25 numbers. I think I have probably hundreds on my cell phone that are blocked from these ridiculous interest-rate scam calls. Comcast needs to allow more than 25 numbers to be blocked, they need to make it easier straight from the phone app as one of the choices, and along with the whole Industry, they need to figure out how to block and stop all these low interest-rate scam calls

New Poster

How to I block calls on my line land phone?

Official Employee

Hello, gldenton. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I know it can be frustrating getting calls from unknown numbers. For more information on call screening please refer to the following link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/call-screening

If you have any more questions, please send me a PM with your first and last name.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!