Community Forum

Call Waiting

Highlighted
New Poster

Call Waiting

I work from my home as a call center.  I need to have call waiting disabled.  I have called tech support several times.  They told me to use *70, but that only works for one call.  I get a steady stream of calls for 5 hours.  Then they told me they couldn't disable it without disabling the caller ID features.  I was OK with that.  Then they told me it was disabled, but it wasn't.  They repeated that story several times. I had a tech come to inspect my wiring and that's was OK.  The latest is that it is disabled in the Comcast network and the problem is with my phone.  Everything I see says that call waiting is contolled by the service provider.  I tested it after each call to Comcast and it is still enabled. Ironically, the Comcast survey call comes in as a waiting call while I am working. 

I am at my wits end here and my employer says fix it or else.  So I need some help. If it's my phone that's the problem, I'll get a new phone, but i'm not sure its controlled by the phone.  It should be disabled before it ever gets to the phone.

New Poster

Re: Call Waiting

I called Comcast Support yesterday and got an agent who transferred me to a higher level of assistance .  Nev knew exactly what my problem was and told me exactly how Comcast was going to fix it.  It requires Engineering to go into my modem and make some changes.  And fix it they did.  Within an hour, the call waiting was disabled and tested.  Nev also explained to me what would cause it to get reset - power outage, modem reset - and if that happened, I would have to call back in to them to go through the disabling process again.  

So my question now is why did it take so many calls to Comcast Support to get to this level to get someone to fix my problem.  Your agents need some training so they can escalate a problem to the correct place a lot faster.  They kept telling me it was disabled on their billing screen, and I'm sure it was.  But it wasn't really disabled.  One agent told me the problem was with my phone, but everwhere I checked it said that call waiting was provided by the phone service provider.

New Poster

Re: Call Waiting

I do a work @ home job, and its actually an outside entity the addresses the call waiting. I have been trying to get it resolved for quite a while now. Today I received an amazing representative, David, and this is what you need to say, " Get in touch w t2 (advance repair), have them deactivate Call waiting in the modem.

**In order for them to do this, T2 advance repair— they have to contact another source. " It is something outside their control & they have to contact another entity to have it removed. What I was told is that each and everytime you replace the modem that you'll have to call in to reiterate that statement and they will know what to do. Hope it helps! But this is by far the farthest I have gotten to getting this issue resolved.